Are you working on the next great American novel? Do people say your writing reminds them of a young Steinbeck, Michener, or Joyce? Can you easily write a 3,000 word essay about how EPCOT does or does not live up to Walt Disney’s vision of the future?
If so, we wish you lots of luck in your career and hope that you remember us when you make it in the big time.
On the other hand, if your writing is snappy, punchy, and even occasionally irreverent about all things theme parks, we’d love to talk. TouringPlans is looking to expand our pool of freelance writers. Here’s specifically what we’re looking for:
- Passion for and love of Disney theme parks, Disney Cruise Line, and/or Universal Orlando. (Haters need not apply.)
- Ideal candidates are local to the Orlando area.
- A self-starter who can pitch ideas on a regular basis.
- Someone who can write well. You don’t have to be a published author, but spelling and grammar do count.
- Writing that showcases personality. (We’re all about authentic people with their own quirks and senses of humor.)
- Ability to source your own photos is a plus, but not required.
- SEO-driven articles are wonderful, but knowledge of SEO isn’t a must.
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus, but not required.
- Diverse individuals who bring a unique voice to the world of theme park blogging — making sure that everyone gets a seat at the table. If you’ve never seen someone like you writing on a theme parks blog, you’re the kind of person we’d love to talk to!
Think that sounds like you? Want to apply? Send the following items in the body of an email to email@example.com with the subject line I’m Your Next Blogger!
- A short (under 500 words) article on the theme “My unique theme park must-do is. . . ” to give advice to someone who is planning a vacation and wants to do more than just ride the headliner attractions.
- A brief bio — who are you? What makes your views of theme parks different from any other theme park blogger? Do you have any writing/education/blogging/social media background that you feel is an asset?
- Links to any published content/social media handles you’d like us to take a look at to get a feel for your personality and/or writing style.
- Your expected rate per word.