Spring is here and the busy Spring Break season is upon us! That means we have a few news notes that I need to share with you all to make your upcoming trips better. Here are the details you should be aware of, especially if you’re traveling to Walt Disney World this weekend:
- Looking for an Easter-inspired cupcake at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? You’re in luck! Guests can pick up a white chocolate raspberry Thumper specialty cupcake at the following locations through April 14:
- ABC Commissary
- Backlot Express
- Catalina Eddie’s
- Fairfax Fare
- Rosie’s All-American Café
- Starring Rolls Café
- Trolley Car Café
Guests who would like to play Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure at Epcot will now have the option to use their own smartphone. Guests may still opt to receive a F.O.N.E. or Field Operative Notification Equipment to help maneuver through their mission as well, if they choose, but for the first time, Guests will have the option.
- Coral Reef Restaurant in The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion will be offering dinner reservations until 9:30 p.m. from March 27 through April 3.
- As a reminder, the Epcot Egg-stravaganza Easter Egg Hunt will be taking place until April 3.
- To celebrate The Jungle Book, artists will carve a sand sculpture inspired by the film at the Oasis in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, with work taking place March 28-30. The sand sculpture will be on display through April 24. In addition, on April 22, there will be special activities and giveaways for Earth Day.
On Easter Sunday, March 27, A Grand Brunch at 1900 Park Fare invites families to indulge in a tasty all-you-care-to-enjoy brunch buffet from 12:45 p.m. – 2:10 p.m. This pre fix meal will cost $23.99 for adults and $12.99 for children (ages 3-9). Guests will enjoy custom-made omelets, carved meat stations, classic brunch dishes, and Mickey-shaped waffle to complete the practically perfect brunch. For more information or to make a reservation, Guests should call 407-WDW-DINE.
Boatwright’s Dining Hall at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside will also be is offering an Easter Sunday Brunch from 9:00 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Guests can enjoy a variety of specialty menu items: Voodoo Chicken & Waffles Eggs Benedict, Eggs-any-Style, Omelet Station, Biscuits & Gravy, Shrimp & Grits, Red Velvet Waffles with Bourbon-Vanilla Cream, Strawberry Pain Perdu, Smoky Ham & Sweet Potato Hash, Pork Chop with Cornbread Pudding, Boatwright’s Jambalaya, Breakfast Potatoes, Cornbread, Cheesy Grits, Mickey Waffles, Pancakes, Bacon, Sausage, and Specialty Drinks. Easter Sunday Brunch is $27 for adults and $15 for children.
- A special Easter menu will be available at Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Easter Day, which will include one mimosa per adult plus Zebra Domes, Mini Cheesecakes, Peel and Eat Shrimp, Mixed Green Salad, Watermelon Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese, Soup Du Jour, Butternut Squash Soup and Hand Carved Lamb Shoulder in additional to the traditional breakfast fare.
- At Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Guests can experience on the fourth floor concourse, chocolate eggs that are set up in front of the famous Mary Blair mural until April 4. While you’re checking out the eggs at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, be sure to pick up an adorable Bunny Macaron Cupcake from Contempo Café.
- Several Disney Springs restaurants will also offer custom Easter menus on Sunday, March 27. Guests can enjoy Easter offerings or prix-fixe menus at Wolfgang Puck Dining Room, Portobello Country Italian Trattoria, Fulton’s Crab House, Bongos Cuban Café, House of Blues. In addition, Guests visiting The Ganachery can enjoy a coconut-flavored lollipop.
- The Oasis Pool and Oasis Bar and Grill is now available for Guests to experience at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. The Oasis Pool is open from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. The Oasis Grill is open from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and the Oasis Bar is open from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. The area also includes a refillable mug station and a spa. Keep in mind that MagicBands are required to access the Oasis area.
Guests will will continue to be able to experience Afternoon Tea at Disney’s Beach Club Resort in the Crescent Solarium. During Afternoon Tea, Guests can enjoy classic afternoon tea, savories and sweets, such as house-made scones, petite sandwiches and pastries and a variety of alcoholic beverages. Afternoon Tea will be served from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- April 14-17
- May 5-8
- June 16-19
- July 1-4
- Aug. 11-14
- Sept. 1-5
That’s going to do it for this (mostly Easter) edition of Newsworthy Notes. As you can see, there are a lot of things to be aware of if you’ll be down there for the Easter holiday weekend.