Utilizing ride share services like Lyft and Uber while at Walt Disney World is now a regular practice by many guests. In fact, Disney cited it as one of their justifications for ending the Magical Express Program next year. Each Walt Disney World theme park, water park, and Disney Springs has a designated area for ride share services to pick up and drop off guests. Let’s look at these ride share locations so you can plan ahead.
- Magic Kingdom ride share location is at the Transportation and Ticket Center, near the bus terminal
- EPCOT ride share location is in the parking lot near the electric vehicle charging stations
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios ride share location is near the Disney Skyliner station
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom ride share location is to the left after you exit the park, near off-property bus station
- Disney Springs has two ride share locations: West Side is near the Cirque du Soleil theater and Marketplace is the former Disney bus stop area, near Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach does not have a designated ride share location; the regular guest pick-up and drop-off area is used
The general rule of thumb is that the ride share pick-up and drop-off locations at Walt Disney World theme parks are located near the off-property bus terminal of each park. The preferred ride share provider on Walt Disney World property is Lyft. Uber services are allowed too, however. You might also find it interesting to scope out these instructions for Uber drivers at Magic Kingdom.
Pick-up and drop-off services are not allowed at any location that is not the designated area. So, for example, it is officially against policy to be dropped off at Disney’s Contemporary via ride share, unless you have a confirmed reservation. Other than the Magic Kingdom location being at the Transportation and Ticket Center, the designated locations are pretty convenient and just a few steps from the park entrance and exit.
Have you ever utilized ride share services at Walt Disney World? What tips would you like to share?