Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $6.95!
Get full access to the UOR Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
Below and to the right of Hogwarts Castle, next to Hagrid’s Hut, the Hippogriff is short and sweet but not worth much of a wait. An outdoor, elevated coaster designed for children old enough to know about Harry Potter but not yet tall enough to ride Forbidden Journey, ride affords excellent views of the area within Wizarding World and of Hogwarts. The theming is also very good, considering this isn't a major attraction. As a children's coaster only slightly taller and longer than Woody Woodpecker's in USF, there are no loops, inversions or rolls: it's just one big hill and some mild turns, and almost half of the one-minute ride time is spent going up the lift hill. Unfortunately, Orlando’s Hippogriff has become increasing rough in recent years, and is not as pleasant to ride as the identically named coaster at Universal Studios Hollywood.
For fans of Harry Potter there are two gorgeous items in this attraction that you will want to see. The first is a faithful recreation of Hagrid's hut in the queue (complete with the sound of Fang howling) while the second is an incredible animatronic of Buckbeak that you pass by while on the ride. Remember, that when muggles encounter Hippogriffs like Buckbeak, proper etiquette must always be maintained to avoid any danger. Hippogriffs are extremely proud creatures and must be showed the proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return.
Have your kids ride while older sibs enjoy Dragon Challenge.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Flight of the Hippogriff when you visit on a day with a given Universal's Islands of Adventure Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will be at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Flight of the Hippogriff Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 36 inches.
Must be 36" tall to ride.
Other Attractions in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
- Dragon Challenge
- Frog Choir
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Hogwarts Express - Hogsmeade Station
- Triwizard Spirit Rally
Touring Plans with Flight of the Hippogriff
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry PART 2
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan without Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 2/PART 1
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Wizarding World One-Day/Two-Park Plan PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- See all Touring Plans...