Do you love Star Wars Weekends merchandise? Well, if you do and you want to be able to have first dibbs on it, then you should consider attending the Galactic Gathering special merchandise event on May 14. (Star Wars Weekends begins on May 15.) The Galactic Gathering event will take place from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
The special event, which is similar to the Rebel Rendezvous event held last year, will include many unique perks including:
- A Rebel or Empire MagicBand (Guests choose their side when registering online. Only available to Galactic Gathering guests.)
- Commemorative trading pin (Only available to Galactic Gathering guests.)
- Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass, giving expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends. (Only available to Galactic Gathering guests.)
- First opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation.
- First opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards.
- Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.
In addition, guests of the Galactic Gathering will also get to meet Disney characters, Disney Design Group Artists and Ashley Eckstein who will be on hand again this year with merchandise from her Her Universe line. Guests will also get to purchase the brand new figures for Star Wars D-Tech Me including a Jedi Knight and a TIE-Fighter pilot.
Tickets for the event are not cheap…they’ll run you $250 per person and theme park admission is required on top of the Galactic Gathering ticket.
For those of you who would like to participate, guests may register beginning tomorrow, March 4, starting at 1:00 p.m. EST.
If you are looking for unique Star Wars merchandise, this is most certainly the place to get it!