As many of you know, we will be soon branching out into our very first non-theme park location: Washington, D.C. It is an exciting time for us as we bring our capabilities and tools to America’s capital. With this expansion, we are looking at new designs for the Touring Plans that will be available for D.C. and–since we have the most intelligent users of anyone–we would like your feedback.
The below is *very early* example of what we’re thinking about doing. This is actually part of Phase 2 of our Washington, D.C. rollout, so don’t expect to see it until 2017. Also, please (please!) keep in mind that this is not the final product and we know that it’s not perfect.
- Do you feel like the layout displays the right amount of information in an easy to read manner? Is there anything displayed that you find unimportant?
- Do you like the idea of expandable information via popup box (like the “Recommended Tour” box in the example)?
- Which of the following method of optimization would you prefer:
- Minimize Walking: If you want to see several exhibits in one room, the optimizer would always tell you to see everything in one room before moving on to another one.
- Full Optimization: The optimizer would always pick the most time-efficient plan, even if that means re-visiting one room multiple times. This one would not likely happen often, but in museums were there are very popular displays it is possible.
Thank you in advance for your input. This is the best way for us to mold our products to you and we appreciate your involvement.