Being at Epcot for rope drop is important if you want to beat the crowds and go on popular rides like Test Track and Soarin' with little to no wait. The following tips will help you make the most of Rope Drop at Epcot. Note that Disney occasionally tinkers with its opening procedures, so the information here is subject to change.
- Guests are admitted through the turnstiles about 15-30 minutes prior to official opening but held behind ropes in the plaza between the Innoventions buildings. About 10 minutes before official opening, guests are led to their first attractions by cast members.
- When approaching the Land Pavilion after rope drop, take the path and doors on the right along with everyone else. Clever people who try to take the parallel path on the left will be stopped by cast members and directed to the right door.
- During busy times of years, to improve traffic flow cast members will force those entering the Land Pavilion to travel in one direction (for example, counterclockwise) upon entering. Do not let that confuse you.
- There is a separate rope drop for World Showcase when it opens (usually at 11:00 a.m.). These ropes are located between Norway and China and between United Kingdom and France. Because the attractions behind them handle crowds well and because World Showcase is more popular later in the day, lines seldom form at these ropes. (Note that the ropes are positioned to allow guests from International Gateway to enter the park, as well as to let guests with Akershus Royal Banquet Hall breakfast reservations get to the restaurant in the Norway Pavillion and pastry lovers to get to Les Halles Boulangerie & Pâtisserie in France.)
- Epcot’s new Frozen Ever After and Royal Sommerhus attractions open at regular park opening for the time being. Disney hasn’t said whether they’ll keep this schedule after the initial hoopla dies down. Our guess is that all of Norway will return to 11 a.m. openings most days.
More Rope Drop Tips!
- Disney World Rope Drop
- Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
- Epcot Rope Drop
- Hollywood Studios Rope Drop
- Animal Kingdom Rope Drop
Last updated by Len Testa on January 11, 2017