TouringPlans Subscriptions as a Booking Incentive to Your Clients
Whether you're a travel agent or other travel planner, a subscription to TouringPlans makes a great and inexpensive booking incentive to offer your clients. Not only that, but our tools will make your clients more informed about their destination, which reduces work for you. TouringPlans is happy to offer bulk purchases of subscriptions to agents or agencies at reduced rates.
Benefits to your clients
- Dedicated customer support from our team.
- Personalized touring plans.
- 365-day crowd calendar access to help them plan which park to visit each day.
- The Lines mobile app.
- Automated room fax request.
- Reminders for dining and FastPass+ reservation windows.
Benefits to you
- Complimentary subscriptions to all our destinations for you and your agents as long as you offer this benefit to your clients.
- Client subscriptions are sold to you well below retail.
- All communications to your clients from TouringPlans about the benefit are personalized to your agency and come from YOU, not TouringPlans and NOT Disney or Universal.
- You only pay for the subscriptions your clients actually use, so if they're not interested, you don't pay.
- Our travel agent partners get early looks at new features and content we're testing out.
About TouringPlans TouringPlans.com includes both tools and editorial content. If you're not already familiar with the site, we strongly suggest you look around before committing to entering the program. While we DO NOT run ads to users who are logged in subscribers, we do have ads for visitors to the site who do not currently have an active subscription or who are not logged in. Those ads include ads for travel agencies who offer the TouringPlans.com subscription benefit.
TouringPlans also runs editorial content that includes links to other sites. Those sites may have sponsorship agreements with other travel agencies. We do not receive money or other reciprocal benefits from these sites and include them on TouringPlans because we feel they have value to our readers. TouringPlans does not and will not make any changes to editorial content based on our relationship with any company we do business with. Your client may read about another service or company as part of use of the TouringPlans.com subscription
All subscribers who enter trip dates on TouringPlans will receive email notifications from us of news that affects their trips. This includes discount offers for their trip dates; ticket price increases (with links to our Least Expensive Ticket Calculator, which does include links to 3rd party ticket vendors); refurbishment information; and park hour changes. Discount information often includes a thank you to the agency that provided the information and will suggest the reader contact Disney or their travel agent for rebooking to save money. We take tips from anyone who sends them and always credit the first one to reach our mailbox. You are always free to submit your own tips about discounts and other news.
TouringPlans.com has a blog that includes articles written by travel agents or that mention travel agencies. TouringPlans never runs sponsored content and never accepts payment for these articles. If you have an idea for an article, you are always free to submit it. As long as it's useful content and not simply an ad for your services, we'll probably say yes to it. For more information about submitting articles, please email "blog (at) touringplans [dot] com" and use the subject line "Blog Article Proposal."
Sign me up! Interested? Email email@example.com for pricing. Set up is very easy, and we can get you up and running within 24 hours of getting all the information we need from you.
Last updated by Laurel Stewart on September 13, 2016