The following tips will help you navigate the park opening procedures at Animal Kingdom.
- Animal Kingdom generally lets guests through the turnstiles 15 minutes before park opening. Attractions may not start running until the official park opening time, but you should be able to obtain FASTPASS tickets immediately.
- The rightmost turnstiles are reserved for character breakfast guests only and thus have no lines. However, once the other turnstiles start operating, all park guests are allowed through these turnstiles. To shorten your wait at the turnstiles, you may be able to hover near these "breakfast only" turnstiles and then jump in line quickly once the turnstiles start running for everyone.
- Guests are sometimes held behind a rope just beyond the turnstiles. Align yourself so that you can easily take either the left or right path through the Oasis. Neither is shorter than the other.
- Since the paths of the Oasis are narrow, it is difficult to pass people. For this reason, it behooves you to be at the front of the pack at rope drop.
- The stroller rental area is on the right past the turnstiles but behind the rope at Animal Kingdom. This means that--unlike the other parks--you can rent a stoller before the park opens!
- If you want to ride Expedition Everest first, going through Dinoland U.S.A. to get to the attraction may get you there faster than following the cast members through Asia past Yak and Yeti.