Description And Comments
Soarin' is a thrill ride for all ages, as exhilarating as a hawk on the wing and as mellow as swinging in a hammock. If you've every experienced flying dreams, you'll have a sense of how Soarin' feels.
Once you enter the main theater, you're secured in a seat not unlike those on inverted roller coasters. When everyone is in place, the rows of seats swing into position, making you feel as if the floor has dropped away, and you are suspended with your legs dangling. Thus hung out to dry, you embark on a hang-glider tour with IMAX-quality images projected all around you, and with the flight simulator moving in sync with the movie. The images are well chosen and drop-dead beautiful. Special effects include wind, sound, and even smell. The ride itself is thrilling but perfectly smooth. We think Soarin' is a must-experience for guests of any age who meet the height requirement. And yes, we interviewed senior citizens who tried it and were crazy about it.
But a North Carolina mom says, "Wait a minute!"
Soarin' was VERY cool but definitely on the scary side for people afraid of heights or who don't like that "unsteady" feeling. While we were "soaring" up I was fine, but when we were going down I had to continually say to myself, "This is only an illusion, I cannot fall out, this is only an illusion . . ."
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Having Soarin' opposite Test Track and Mission: SPACE in Future World takes some crowd pressure off both sides of the park. Keep in mind, however, that Test Track and Mission: SPACE serve up a little too much thrill for some guests. Soarin', conversely, is an almost platonic ride for any age. For that reason, it is at the top of the hit parade. See it before 9:30 a.m., or book FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance; expect all FastPass+ selections to be gone by 2 p.m. on days of moderate attendance or as early as noon on busier days.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Soarin' when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Soarin' Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 40 inches.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Entrance on lower level of The Land pavilion; may induce motion sickness; 40" minimum height requirement; switching off available.
- Video Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer From Wheelchair/ECV
- No Service Animals
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Three to Get Ready
With a new ride film for Soarin' set to debut in 2016, thus luring even more people to The Land, the Imagineers feel they need to clear up the crowded conditions on this side of the park. So while the original two Soarin' theaters are shut down to install new projectors, they'll be adding a third venue. The 50% increase in ride capacity should be worth the behind-the-scenes hassle of getting the extra land cleared.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Soarin'
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Late Arrival Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||4 minutes|
|Assumes||2 concourses operating|
When to go
First 30 minutes the park is open or use Fastpass
|Opening Date||May 5, 2005|
|Scope and scale||Super Headliner|
Let us know.