Description And Comments
Soarin’ is a thrill ride for all ages, as exhilarating as a hawk on the wing and as mellow as swinging in a hammock. If you’ve ever experienced flying dreams, you’ll have a sense of how Soarin’ feels.
Once you enter the main theater, you’re secured in a seat not unlike those on inverted roller coasters. When everyone is in place, the rows of seats swing into position, making you feel as if the floor has dropped away, and you’re suspended with your legs dangling. Thus hung out to dry, you embark on a simulated hang-glider tour, with IMAX-quality images projected all around you and with the flight simulator moving in sync with the movie. The images are well chosen and drop-dead beautiful. Special effects include wind, sound, and even smell. The ride itself is thrilling but perfectly smooth.
We think Soarin’ is a must-experience for guests of any age who meet the height requirement—and yes, we’ve interviewed senior citizens who absolutely loved it—but this North Carolina mom has reservations:
Soarin’ was VERY cool, but also on the scary side for people who are afraid of heights or who don’t like that unsteady feeling. While we were “soaring” up, I was fine, but when we were going down, I had to keep telling myself, “This is only an illusion. I cannot fall out. This is only an illusion. . . . ”
A new ride film and name will debut at Soarin’ in 2016, called Soarin’ Around The World, along with a third ride theater to increase ride capacity by 50%. We hear the new ride film will incorporate flyover sequences from around the world.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Having Soarin' opposite Test Track and Mission: SPACE in Future World takes some crowd pressure off both sides of the park. Keep in mind, however, that Test Track and Mission: SPACE serve up a little too much thrill for some guests. Soarin', conversely, is an almost platonic ride for any age. For that reason, it’s at the top of the hit parade. See it before 9:30 a.m. or book FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance; expect same-day reservations to be gone by 1 p.m. on days of moderate attendance or as early as 11 a.m. on busier days.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Soarin' when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Soarin' Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 40 inches.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Entrance on lower level of The Land pavilion; may induce motion sickness; 40" minimum height requirement; switching off available.
- Video Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer From Wheelchair/ECV
- No Service Animals
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills (in Innoventions East)
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Soarin'
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Late Arrival Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Full Day)
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 8:07am EDT on 10/3/15
Party of 1
|Available for 10:05a, 1:55p, 2:20p, 3:45p, 4:55p, 5:20p, 5:40p, 6p, 6:55p, 7:05p, 7:40p, and 8p|
|Latest EP FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||4 minutes|
|Assumes||2 concourses operating|
When to go
First 30 minutes the park is open or use Fastpass
|Opening Date||May 5, 2005|
|Scope and scale||Super Headliner|
Let us know.