The following tips will help you navigate the park opening procedures at Epcot.
- Epcot usually lets guests through the turnstiles 10 minutes before park opening. Attractions may not start running until the official park opening time, but you should be able to obtain FASTPASS tickets immediately.
- Those entering the park from International Gateway have a slightly longer walk than those at the main entrance.
- When approaching the Land Pavilion after rope drop, take the path and doors on the right along with everyone else. Clever people who try to take the parallel path on the left will be stopped by cast members and directed to the right door.
- During busy times of years, to improve traffic flow cast members will force those entering the Land Pavilion to travel in one direction (for example, counterclockwise) upon entering. Do not let that confuse you.
- On at least a few occasions, Epcot has reverted to the "old" entry procedure used prior to Fall 2011. In this procedure, guests are admitted through the turnstiles about 15 minutes prior to official opening but held behind ropes in the plaza between the Innoventions buildings until the official opening time. At that time, guests are either released or led to their first attractions by cast members.
- There is a separate rope drop for World Showcase when it opens (usually at 11:00 a.m.). These ropes are located between Norway and China and between United Kingdom and France. Because the attractions behind them handle crowds well and because World Showcase is more popular later in the day, lines seldom form at these ropes. (Note that the ropes are positioned to allow guests from International Gateway to enter the park, as well as to let guests with Akershus Royal Banquet Hall breakfast reservations get to the restaurant in the Norway Pavillion.)