The following tips will help you navigate the park opening procedures at Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom generally lets guests through the turnstiles 15 minutes before park opening. If early crowds are large enough, Disney will sometimes let people in earlier or even open the entire park early!
- After passing through the turnstiles, people gather to enter the park at both tunnels (one to the left of the floral Mickey, and one to the right) under the train tracks. There will be a rope manned by cast members who will prevent you from passing through the tunnel. The rope will be removed during the Welcome Show (see below).
- The Magic Kingdom Welcome Show usually starts 10 minutes before park opening. Since you will be off to the side, you will not be able to see this festival of lip syncing well if you are waiting at the rope near one of the tunnels.
- The Magic Kingdom Welcome Show ends with a countdown. After the countdown, guests may enter the theme park on to Main Street. This generally occurs 5 minutes prior to opening.
- If you move quickly upon entering the park after the Welcome Show, when you reach the entrance to a land off the hub, there will be cast members at another rope preventing you from proceeding further until the official opening time. At that time, cast members start walking briskly towards popular attractions, and guests are expected to follow; you are not allowed to pass these cast members.