Discounts at Universal Orlando
Universal Orlando provides discounts on tickets, dining and lodging to members of many travel organizations, including automobile clubs such as the American Automobile Association (AAA) and its sister organization in Canada, the CAA. Discounts are also available to Universal Orlando annual passholders. This section is a guide to finding the best discounts for members of these groups and the general public
- In addition to the previously mentioned admission discounts, AAA members save $4-$5 on multi-day tickets at the gate. Some regional AAA offices also sell discounted Universal Orlando passes to members in advance, but prices vary by area. The closest Auto Club South office to Universal Orlando is at 7339 West Sand Lake Road, Suite 424 in Bay Hill; call (407) 351-5610 for hours and directions. AAA South members can buy discounted tickets, annual passes, and vacation packages online at aaa.com/universal. Note: Effective 2015, you must purchase your park admission through AAA and show the "Discounts and Rewards" voucher included with your ticket in order to receive any AAA food or merchandise discounts inside Universal's parks.
- Costco Warehouse clubs sometimes sell discounted Universal Orlando tickets to members.
- Active duty and retired members of the United States armed forces should visit www.universalorlando.com/military for exclusive deals on tickets and hotel packages. Universal Orlando tickets are available at most base Leisure Travel offices, as well as at Shades of Green at Walt Disney World.
- Annual passholders receive discounts of up to 30% on resort lodging, depending on availability. If you're staying at a Universal resort for 2 or more days, you may save enough on lodging to offset the cost of an annual pass for the adult booking the room. Tip: If you're trying to book a room on the Universal Orlando website with an annual pass discount, enter promo code APH on the search screen to see passholder rates.
- AAA members can book on-site rooms and vacation packages at a modest discount, usually between 5% and 25%. You must call AAA or Loews directly to get the discount; it cannot be applied online.
- Check the MouseSavers.com website, which lists seasonal and specialized discounts for Universal's resorts, such as discounts available to residents of certain states.
- CheapTickets.com and Orbitz.com often offer discount codes for up to 20% their already-discounted Universal Orlando room rates; google “promo codes” or use a site like RetailMeNot.com to find the latest offers.
- The Loews free “YouFirst” frequent stay program doesn't provide cheaper prices, but it does feature free fitness room access and room upgrades after a couple visits. A similar program is offered at Hard Rock Hotel as “Hard Rock Rewards.” Note that the perks can sometimes not be used in conjunction with discounted rates.
Dining and Restaurant Discounts
- AAA members receive 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at most USF, IOA, and CityWalk restaurants (Emeril's and Bubba Gump excluded), as well as 10% off at the Hard Rock Hotel’s Palm Restaurant for groups of up to seven. Note: Effective 2015, you must purchase your park admission through AAA and show the "Discounts and Rewards" voucher included with your ticket in order to receive any AAA food or merchandise discounts inside Universal's parks.
- Universal Orlando Preferred annual pass holders receive 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at all theme park restaurants (except carts and kiosks), and at most CityWalk and Universal Orlando resort restaurants. Premier annual pass holders receive 15% off at all theme park restaurants (except carts and kiosks) and at most CityWalk restaurants, and 10% off at most Universal Orlando resort restaurants.
- American Express members save 10% off the purchase of the Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service and Coca-Cola Freestyle souvenir cup.
- Restaurant.com sometimes sells cut-price gift certificates to restaurants at Universal Orlando and in the surrounding area. Search the website for ZIP code 32819 to see what's currently available. Be sure to read the fine print before purchasing, as restrictions apply.
- AAA members receive 10% off most merchandise (excluding carts and kiosks) at Universal’s theme parks and resorts. Note: Effective 2015, you must purchase your park admission through AAA and show the "Discounts and Rewards" voucher included with your ticket in order to receive any AAA food or merchandise discounts inside Universal's parks.
- Universal Orlando Preferred annual pass holders receive 10% off all Universal-owned merchandise stores and carts throughout the resort. Premier annual pass holders receive 20% off.
- American Express members save 10% off merchandise with a $75 minimum purchase when using their AmEx card at Universal-owned shops (restrictions apply).
Entertainment and Other Discounts
- AAA members receive 15% off spa treatments of $100 or more at Portofino’s Mandara Spa. Preferred annual passholders receive 15% off services, and Premier passholders save 20% (Monday through Thursday only, some services excluded).
- AAA members receive 10% off Blue Man Group tickets in Tier 1 seating, while all annual passholders (including Power Pass) receive 20% off; limit 6 seats per transaction.
- AAA members get “buy one/get one free” on CityWalk Party Passes. Preferred passholders save 20% on party passes; Premier passholders get party passes free for themselves, and for one guest on Sunday-Thursday nights.
- All annual passholders (including Power Pass) receive 15% off an 18-hole round at Hollywood Drive-In Mini-Golf for up to 5 players.
- All annual passholders (including Power Pass) receive $3 off admission to AMC Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX (valid after 4:00pm).
- Premier annual passholders receive 50% off use of Universal Orlando's kennels for one (1) pet on the day of visit. Additional pets stay at regular price (subject to availability).
- Preferred and Premier annual passholders save 25% off a standard one-day admission to Wet 'n Wild for themselves, or $20 off per regular annual pass for up to 6 people. They also Save 10% in the Breakers Beach Shop (excluding sundries and beverages).
Finally, one sure way not to save money at Universal Orlando is by booking a package with tickets and lodging through Universal Orlando Vacations (UniversalOrlandoVacations.com or 1-877-801-9720), the official travel company of Universal Orlando. They advertise packages with attractive-sounding rates, like “only $99 per adult per night,” but when you break down the component parts you'll find that you are breaking even, or even paying a few bucks more, for the convenience of having a single point-of-contact for your booking.
Occasionally, packages may include perks like a Harry Potter souvenir or breakfast reservations, but you are usually paying list price for extras that could be purchased a la carte. An exception is during special events like the Celebration of Harry Potter convention, when private parties are only available bundled with a vacation package.
The only way that booking through Universal Orlando Vacations provides a genuine benefit is with the early park admission offered for guests of partner off-site hotels; if you can't afford on-site accommodations, this is the best way to enter the Wizarding World early.
See our Travel Packages page for more information.
Last updated by Seth Kubersky on February 12, 2016