Description And Comments
The Horror Make-up Show is a brief but humorous look at how basic monster-movie special effects are done. The show includes onstage demonstrations of effects such as blood-spurting fake knives and rubber limbs, plus how mechanical effects are combined with rubber masks to transform human heads into wolf-shaped skulls. Film clips interspersed throughout the presentation show how computer-generated special effects are blended into live-action films.
This may be Universal’s most entertaining live show. While there’s plenty of fake blood thrown around, the script is mostly funny. The hosts’ running commentary about horror-film making is interspersed with plenty of pop-culture jokes for the kids.
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
The Horror Make-Up Show is the sleeper attraction at Universal, and one of the only theme park comedy shows we can watch over and over again. Its humor and tongue-in-cheek style transcend the gruesome effects, and most folks (including preschoolers) take the blood and guts in stride. But it’s the exception that proves the rule, as this reader relates:
My 7- and 9-year-olds had no problem with Terminator but were scared by the Horror Make-Up Show (despite my telling them the guy really was not cutting anyone's arm off!). We ended up leaving before the show was over.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
- This attraction may be frightening for children.
May frighten young children.
Blog Posts on Universal's Horror Make-Up Show:
Six Most Underrated Attractions and Shows at Universal
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
- Sign Language Interpretation Available
Parental discretion is advised. Check the daily entertainment schedule for performances with sign language interpreter.
Other Attractions in Hollywood
Touring Plans with Universal Orlando's Horror Make-Up Show
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Seniors
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry PART 1
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry PART 1
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 2/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 2/PART 2
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
|Opening Date||June 7, 1990|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.