Description And Comments
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem involves high-tech motion simulators moving and reacting in sync with a cartoon projected on an IMAX-like screen. The projection system employs high-definition 3-D digital technology.
The story combines elements from the animated movie Despicable Me, starring Gru, the archvillain, along with his adopted daughters and his diminutive yellow Minions. During the queue and preshow, you visit Gru’s house and are then ushered into his lab, where you’re turned into a Minion. The ride ends with a disco dance party that you join as you exit.
The ride is just inside the USF main entrance, making crowding a problem. If you’re on hand at park opening and you ride Despicable Me first, you’ll have a short wait, but you’ll set yourself up for a long wait at nearby Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. If the coaster is a priority for you, ride it first and then return to Despicable Me immediately afterward. If by that time the wait is intolerable, try again in the late afternoon. Stationary seating is available for those prone to motion sickness and for children less than 40 inches tall; ask an attendant for directions. On busy days they occasionally open up a queue with direct access to stationary seating, which can significantly slash your wait time.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem when you visit on a day with a given Universal Studios Florida Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 40 inches.
Stationary seating is available for those who need it.
Other Attractions in Production Central
Touring Plans with Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Seniors
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan without Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry PART 1
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry PART 1
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 1
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 1/PART 1
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||7 minutes|
|Assumes||All simulators in use|
When to go
Immediately after park opening or just before closing.
|Opening Date||July 2, 2012|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.