With many headliner attractions packed into a small area, FASTPASS at Disneyland can save hours in line.
Content below is meant to accompany our general advice on FASTPASS at the Disneyland Resort.
Specific notes about touring FASTPASS attractions in Disneyland follow:
- Obtain FASTPASSes for Star Tours, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain as early in the day as practical.
- Getting Space Mountain FASTPASS requires a bit of work. You must head down the cooridor towards the attraction's entrance on the lower level past Redd Rockett's Pizza Port to find the FASTPASS machines. Fortunately, the return times are posted outside the building, so you will know what you're getting into before you head down this lengthy path.
- FASTPASS enables you to postpone a wet ride like Splash Mountain to a warmer part of the day.
- There are two potential ways to enter the queue for Splash Mountain: one is near the front of the mountain (and is your only option if the line extends this far), and the other is opposite the Winnie the Pooh attraction. Wait times are posted by both of these entrances. However, FASTPASS return times are only posted by the entrance near Pooh. This is also where the FASTPASS kiosks are located.
FASTPASS for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
operates independently of the central FASTPASS system for Disneyland. This means:
- The "another FASTPASS will be available at" time on other FASTPASS tickets does not matter when obtaining a Roger Rabbit FASTPASS.
- The "another FASTPASS will be available at" time on a Roger Rabbit FASTPASS can be ignored.
- At Roger Rabbit the FASTPASS return time will often be about the same as (or better than) the wait in the standby queue. It also does not affect your ability to get other FASTPASSes, so use it unless the wait is extremely short.
- The FASTPASS tickets at Disneyland are distributed independently of the FASTPASS tickets at California Adventure. This means that you can ignore the "another FASTPASS will be available at" time on a Disneyland FASTPASS while at California Adventure, and vice versa.
- Haunted Mansion FASTPASSes are available only from October to December when the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is in effect. Note that the FASTPASS kiosks are located to the left of the Haunted Mansion towards the New Orleans Square Train Station.
- Due to its immensely long queue, your wait in line when using FASTPASS at Indiana Jones Adventure may be longer than expected, and you will not discover this until after you have given your FASTPASS ticket to a cast member. FASTPASS waits may be particularly bad on days with unpleasant weather, when cast members may prioritize the the FASTPASS line less in order to keep standby guests from waiting in the uncovered parts of the queue.
- The FASTPASS machines for Autopia are located on a raised platform to the right of the attraction entrance. Also, the amount of line remaining after FASTPASS guest are merged into the standard attraction queue is comparatively long. Expect to wait a bit, even with FASTPASS.
- FASTPASS machines for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters were repurposed for Star Tours in Summer 2011. Note that FASTPASS kiosks are on the left side of the Buzz Lightyear building, across the pathway from the Star Tours attraction entrance.
- Splash Mountain, Matterhorn Bobsleds, and Indiana Jones Adventure have single rider lines. If you do not mind having each member of your party ride in a separate vehicle, this can save you time without using FASTPASS.