This week we return to the Mail Bag and preview the week ahead at Universal Orlando.
This week in the Mail Bag a reader asks:
How does rider swap work there compared to Disney? -padfoot86
The following attractions feature Child Swap at the parks.
Universal Studios Florida
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Transformers the Ride: 3-D
- Fast & Furious: Supercharged
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Men in Black: Alien Attack
- The Simpsons Ride
Islands of Adventure
- The Incredible Hulk
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Dr. Doom’s Fear-Fall
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
- Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem features non-moving, height requirement free benches in front of the theater instead of Child Swap.
Ask a ride attendant at the front of the ride for details and information on child swap. The child swap rooms feature movies, TV shows, and activities for the kids.
Weekly Crowd Levels
Detailed crowd level information can be found here.
Winter weather patterns routinely come as far south as Orlando, so pack for the weather. Volcano Bay could have a delayed opening or closure when highs are in the 60s and lows in the 40s. Refer to Universal Orlando’s Twitter account for the latest operating information.
Operating Hours & Early Park Admission
CityWalk is open until 2:00 a.m. daily, with free self parking starting after 6:00 p.m.
|Two Park||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55|
|Adult||Value: $114 + tax||Regular: $122 + tax||Anytime: $129 + tax|
|Child (3-9)||Value: $109 + tax||Regular: $117 + tax||Anytime: $124 + tax|
Two-day, two-park tickets are $274.99 per adult and $264.99 per child (plus tax).
Volcano Bay tickets are at Anytime pricing at $80 per adult and $75 per child (plus tax).
Showtimes and Refurbishments
Universal’s Cinematic Celebration Showtimes
- February 9: No Show
- February 10 -11: 8:00 p.m.
- February 12 – 13: No Show
- February 14 – 15: 8:00 p.m.
Universal’s Superstar Parade
- February 9 – 16 : 2:00 p.m.
The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
- February 9 – February 15: Nightly after dusk
Complete showtimes are available on Universal Orlando’s website.
- Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls: January 28 – February 22
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges and Me Ship The Olive: February 25 – March 15
Feet don’t fail me now! Celebrate Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida February 9 – April 4. Enjoy authentic Cajun cuisine, music straight from Louisiana, and a daily family-friendly Mardi Gras parade. On select nights major musical acts rock the Music Plaza Stage after sundown. All entertainment is included with your admission to Universal Studios Florida.
See you next week, and make sure to leave a question below for the Mail Bag!