Attractions I’ve Never Done Before: Tomorrowland Speedway + Video

I’ve been questioning whether to publish this footage for about four months now…

Now as far as the series idea goes, I love it. There are still SO many attractions I have yet to experience at Walt Disney World. With that in mind I thought, why not film my reaction to each one for you all?

However, I didn’t really think the reaction part through before turning the camera on. You’ll see what I mean in a bit.

A warning before watching: I did make adjustments to the volume while editing, but it’s still a bit loud. So…you know, mind your ears.

Have you been on this attraction? Are you turned off from my videos forever after watching? Let me know in the comments!

Angela Dahlgren

Angela is cohost of the TouringPlans Podcast and regular contributor to the TouringPlans YouTube channel. When she's not talking about the happiest place on earth, she spends her time entertaining her own little Minnie and Mickey Mouse. You can find her on twitter @AngelaDahlgren or via email - angela@touringplans.com

12 thoughts on “Attractions I’ve Never Done Before: Tomorrowland Speedway + Video

• March 26, 2019 at 9:39 am

I’ve never ridden on the Speedway either. Always looked like a fun enough ride, especially when my kids were smaller, but the line was always so long and there were just other things I’d rather do. With an actual go kart track near my house I think this ride may also be a bit too tame in comparison.

• March 26, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Jeff D,

I went during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, so the sun was down (no sun beating down on us) and the lines were pretty short. For my first time doing it, I thought it was pretty fun all things considered! – Angela

• March 26, 2019 at 9:42 am

This series is so entertaining and authentic. Keep it up! I am so tired of all the food reviews on other blogs. You can’t taste the food in a blog post, but you can SEE the attractions here. Good job making less popular (more boring) attractions a little more interesting.

• March 26, 2019 at 3:24 pm

M,

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I was a bit nervous putting my genuine reactions out there, but comments like yours make me really happy I did.

Thank you! 🙂

Angela

• March 26, 2019 at 10:14 am

Yes, keep it up, Angela—-you’re as adorable as ever! As far as how stressful you found the ride….uh, you did know that you were on a safety rail the whole time, right?

• March 26, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Steven,

Thank you! Umm….so in THEORY, I knew the center rail was there and kept me safe. The fact that I repeatedly kept bumping into it may have exacerbated my nerves by about a million. 😉

– Angela

• March 26, 2019 at 8:28 pm

The first time I drove, I kept hitting the middle rail and panicking, so it didn’t occur to me to let up on the gas. I’m pretty sure we *almost* went airborne from hitting it so hard. I’m calmer driving during rush hour on I-4 than one lap around the Speedway!!

• March 28, 2019 at 11:34 am

I’m with you! I figured that out waaaaaay too late in the game. We could have had a much smoother ride had I not wanted to go so stinkin’ fast!

• March 26, 2019 at 3:49 pm

This made me so happy. Nice job, Angela! Can’t wait for more “reaction” videos!

• March 28, 2019 at 11:35 am

Brian,

So glad you enjoyed it! I’ll make sure to film more on my next visit! – Angela

• March 26, 2019 at 4:15 pm

I get how small kids would like to do this, as with the “Tin Lizzie” cars at smaller amusement parks. However, when at WDW I’m not going to wait in a long line just to do something I can do at my local Putt-Putt golf / go-karts. Plus, they often stink of gas. Hopefully once Tron is installed they’ll swap to electric carts.

• March 28, 2019 at 11:36 am

Larry,

I think that’s what put me off from doing it for so long. Since I was at the Christmas party and the lines were so short I thought, “Why not?” Happy I tried it once.

– Angela