In a brief little mention, the Disney Parks Blog confirmed today that Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passholders will be able take advantage of a special preview of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Now, of course, we don’t know a lot of information about this upcoming preview, (like dates), but what we do know is that Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be able to take advantage of complimentary special preview opportunities before the land’s official opening on August 29.

Capacity for this Annual Passholder preview will be limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. (May my fingers be swift and my luck be plentiful when this opportunity officially opens up.)

More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date, so stay tuned to the blog for the details!

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

9 thoughts on “Annual Passholders Will Get Special Preview for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World

• June 17, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Not applicable to Gold Pass??

• June 17, 2019 at 7:08 pm

If not yet, I expect it will be broadened to include Gold passes before long. That’s if Disneyland is any indication of how WDW is going to to…

• June 17, 2019 at 7:15 pm

My guess, they’ll see how many slots are available after Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Premier take their allotments. Then they’ll hopefully open it to DVC. After that, if there’s anything left, maybe Gold. I wouldn’t count on it, unfortunately.

• June 17, 2019 at 7:31 pm

You think DVC would be before FL resident Gold?

• June 17, 2019 at 8:30 pm

I do, yes. This is a great way to “encourage” people with Gold to upgrade to Platinum for a pretty negligible benefit (i.e., the chance — not even guaranteed — to get one preview slot). I have a feeling people will still be willing to upgrade for that, so Disney loses money if they open it to Gold at all. On the other hand, it’s a quick and easy way to get DVC members to eat up any available inventory for rooms that’s left. A person with a Gold AP may be able to day trip in if they got a preview slot, or they might stay off site to save some money. Because of the whole “Once you go DVC, you never go back”, I’d wager that a lot of DVC folks who would need a hotel would be willing to pay out of pocket to stay on property if they can’t get a DVC room.

• June 17, 2019 at 10:31 pm

what impact will this likely have on the crowds a week after official opening?

• June 18, 2019 at 11:30 am

How many die hard Star Wars fans are going to run out now and purchase annual passes so they can get in early?

• June 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Will Touring Plans notify me about the Reservations going live?
    According to Disney, I will not receive VIPassholder Event notifications as I live outside of the United States; they stated that I am to phone passholder services at (407) WDW PASS once reservations for the event become available in order for them to *attempt* to secure me a reservation, based on availability at that time.

• July 4, 2019 at 9:47 am

I too live outside the United States and have been eagerly anticipating the release of these dates. I have a trip planned in August and was hoping it would fall during my time there!!