While we know that the Disney Vacation Club Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort are all reopening at the Walt Disney World Resort on June 22, the questions has remained – when will the other resort hotels reopen? Disney has finally revealed those details.
Here are the dates that most of the resort hotels will be reopening. Do keep in mind, not every hotel has an official reopening date, as of yet.
- July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Aug. 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Aug. 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Sept. 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Oct. 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- Oct. 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
As hotels reopen, there will be a deliberate approach to implement a number of health and safety measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies.
Of course, of notice as not part of the announcement are Disney’s All-Star Resorts and Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts. No word on if/when these resorts will be reopening or if Guests booked at these resorts will be moved to other resorts. We do know that Guests with current reservations at impacted Disney Resort hotels can request help with modifying their reservation starting Monday June 22. Disney does state that they will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.
Of course, keep in mind that all of these plans may still change, as Disney is closely monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida. Guests should note that given the fluidity of the current environment, the dates that the Walt Disney World Resort hotels are to reopen are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other resort hotels if needed.