Details About the Tiffins Talks Taking Place During the Party for the Planet Event
One of the fun, limited-time events that occurs each year at Disney’s Animal Kingdom happens every year around April 22. To celebrate Earth Day (and the opening of the park, which this year, is celebrating it’s 20th year!), Guests can attend the Party for the Planet which is set to take place from April 22 through May 5.
One of the events that’s taking place during this year’s Party for the Planet celebration is something called Tiffins Talks. These are hard-ticket dining options where Guests will be able to enjoy specialty food and beverages, as well as listen to stories shared by animal and conservation expert speakers. Each Tiffins Talk will feature an expert who’s had a hand in creating Disney’s Animal Kingdom as we know it today.
- Sunday, April 22 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, who will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, April 25 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, who will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
- Friday, April 27 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory bird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
- Sunday, April 29 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, May 2 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
The price for this event is $165 per person (tax and gratuity included). Disney’s Animal Kingdom park admission is not included in the price of Tiffins Talks. The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
To book this experience call (407) WDW-DINE.
One thought on “Details About the Tiffins Talks Taking Place During the Party for the Planet Event”
This is a very neat idea, but:
1. That price tag is steep, even by the standards of Disney “hard-ticket” events, and
2. If you attend the April 25 event, you’d better finish your dinner before the talk starts, or else keep your eyes on your plate, lest you catch a glimpse of Rohde’s ear and lose your appetite.