Walt Disney World often promotes hotel and package discounts via its Special Offers page. Some of these discounts are available to the general public, while others only apply to folks with some membership or affiliation relationship with Disney. Here’s a roundup of some of the typical discounts you’ll find if you’re in one of these special categories.
Note: In order to take advantage of these discounts, you will typically need to present your membership card and/or proof of identity.
Walt Disney World Annual Pass Holders
The first stop for WDW Annual Pass Holders should be the AP Perks and Discounts Page. The available discounts vary periodically, so be sure to check the current offerings. Some typical offerings include:
- Room Discounts. Select non-holiday dates are discounted often discounted 20-30%.
- Restaurant Discounts. Dozens of on-site restaurants offer 10-15% discounts for AP holders. Some allow the discount for apply to several members of your party. Some have excluded time periods or food items. Always ask at the restaurant.
- Merchandise Discounts. Almost all on-site retail locations owned and operated by Disney offer a 20% discount to AP holders. Additionally, many non-Disney retailers on-site (even some national chain stores with outposts at Disney Springs) offer 10-15% off to AP holders. ALWAYS ask.
- Recreation Discounts. AP holders can get lower rates on one-day WDW water park tickets, reduced rates at the WDW golf course during some time periods, a small rate reduction at the Disney Springs AMC theater, a discount on Splitsville bowling, 15% off bike and boat rentals at WDW resorts, discounts on some WDW hotel spa treatments, 15% off WDW mini-golf, and 15% off most WDW backstage tours.
- Annual Pass Discounts. If you renew your annual pass within 30 days of expiration, you qualify for a reduced rate on your AP. For example, a new Incredi-Pass is $1,299, but a renewal is $1,104.
- Rental car Discounts. AP holders are entitled to discounted rates with Alamo, Enterprise, and National Rentals. Call 407-824-3470 for more information.
- Owners Locker Discounts. Passholders may be entitled to six months free.
- Photo Discount. Annual pass holders may add the Memory Maker photo product to their pass for a reduced rate.
Remember that only one person in your party needs to be an AP holder for you to take advantage many of these discounts. There may be times when having someone spend a bit more to upgrade their ticket to an AP can save money of your overall bottom line. It pays to do the math.
Disney Vacation Club Members
Disney Vacation Club Members have access to some discounts that are similar to AP holders, as well as some that are unique to DVC. Be sure to check the DVC member page for current offerings.
- Restaurant Discounts. Dozens of on-site restaurants offer 10-15% discounts for DVC members. Some allow the discount for apply to several members of your party. Some have excluded time periods or food items. Always ask at the restaurant.
- Merchandise Discounts. Almost all on-site retail locations owned and operated by Disney offer a 20% discount to DVC members. Additionally, many non-Disney retailers on-site (even some national chain stores with outposts at Disney Springs) offer 10-15% off to DVC members. ALWAYS ask.
- Recreation Discounts. DVC members can get lower rates on one-day WDW water park tickets, a discount on Splitsville bowling, a discount on the Aerophile balloon at Disney Springs, discounts on some dates for after hours parties such as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, discounts on some theme park dessert parties, 15% off WDW mini-golf, and 15% off most WDW backstage tours.
- Annual Pass Discounts. DVC members have access to reduced rates on several categories of WDW annual pass.
Note: DVC members also many discounts at Disneyland, Aulani, and other DVC locations, as well as on Disney Cruise Line.
Also note: Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, DVC members were eligible to purchase the Tables in Wonderland restaurant discount card. This program is not currently operating and seems unlikely to return.
Disney Visa Card Holders
Be sure to check the Disney Visa perks page for current offerings.
- Disney Rewards. While not exactly a discount, a key selling point of the Disney Visa card is that users can earn “Reward Dollars” (similar to frequent flier miles) for qualifying purchases. These Reward Dollars can be used like cash at the Disney theme parks and some other locations.
- Merchandise Discounts. When spending at least $50 on a single transaction, Disney Visa Users can get 10% off at many Disney owned and operated retail locations in the WDW parks and resorts. ALWAYS ask.
- Restaurant Discounts. Disney Visa users can get 10% off at many Disney owned and operated restaurant, as well as at some other on-site dining locations. Some items may not be included in the offer. Blackout dates may apply.
- Photo Discount. Disney Visa users may be admitted to a special Disney Visa-only photo opportunity in the parks, including complimentary downloads of Disney PhotoPass pictures taken at Cardmember photo location. One photo session per valid cardmember account per day.
Note: In addition to WDW discounts, Disney Visa users also have benefits at other Disney theme parks, Disney Cruise Line, and on shopDisney.com.
Gold Level members of D23, Disney’s authorized fan group, have access to a few dining and merchandise discounts.
- Merchandise Discounts. Use your membership to get 10-20% off these merchants at Disney Springs: Alex and Ani, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Columbia Sportswear, Curl Surf, Levi’s, Oakley, Pandora, Sperry, Sugarboo, Under Armour, and Volcom.
- Restaurant Discounts. Use your membership to get 10-15% off these WDW dining locations: Ghirardelli Soda Fountain, Paddlefish, Planet Hollywood, Terralina Crafted Italian, and Wine Bar George.
- Hotel Discounts. Members may access up to 20% off the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista hotels located near Disney Springs.
- Room Discounts. Room rates at the Shades of Green hotel at Walt Disney World are based on military rank. Additional Shades of Green room discounts may be available. There may also be special military rates at the standard Disney World hotels in 2022. (2023 offer) To check availabilty and current offers, call 407-7830.
- Theme Park Ticket Discounts. U.S. Military personnel can access a four or five-day Military Salute ticket offer in 2022. (2023 Military Salute ticket offer.)
- Photo Discount. U.S. Military personnel may purchase the Memory Maker photo product at a reduced rate.
Restaurant Club Members
Many of the restaurants located at Walt Disney World are actually operated by other companies. These companies may offer coupons or frequent dining points to members of their loyalty clubs. Here are some to check out:
- Landry’s Select Club. Landry’s operated T-Rex Cafe, Yak & Yeti, and the Rainforest Cafes at WDW.
- Levy Preferred Frequent Dining Program. Levy Restaurants operates Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian at WDW.
The on-site Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve hotels participate in the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program. Bonvoy members may be able to redeem points for free rooms and to access other hotel benefits based on their member status.
Additionally, many nearby hotels are operated by other chains with their own reward systems. Depending on your memberships and status, you may be able to reap substantial savings by staying slightly off property.
Note: Some of these locations have special status with Disney that allows guest to take advantage of some on-site perks such as early hours entry.
AAA Club Members
- Room or Package Discounts. Booking through AAA may allow you special room rates. There are AAA rates at the Swan and Dolphin hotels.
- Ticket Discounts. AAA sometimes has reduced ticket rates for Florida and non-Florida residents. Also look for WDW water park ticket discounts, as well as discounts for other Central Florida area attractions.
- Restaurant Discounts: Some non-Disney locations on site, notably Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli Soda Fountain at Disney Springs, and the Landry’s locations listed above, may offer discounts for AAA members. Be sure to ask.
- Travel Discounts. AAA offers a variety of airline and rental car discounts.
Note: AAA offers vary based on your regional AAA affiliation.
Teachers, Medical Personnel, and First Responders
The Swan and Dolphin at WDW often have special discount codes for teachers and school support staff, nurses, doctors, paramedics, law enforcement, and some government employees. See their special offer page for discount codes.
Some nearby off-site hotels may have similar offers.
Cast members have a unique set of discounts, with a unique set of caveats. You guessed it, ALWAYS ask.
Another great resource is the website MouseSavers.com, which tracks additional discount offerings that may be available to any guest, regardless of membership or affiliation.