Disneyland After Dark returns for 2024 with way more dates than last year and four different themes. And it starts earlier too, just around the corner in January! Pride Nite and Star Wars Nite are back (because you know you want to save the galaxy). Celebrate all things romantic at Sweethearts Nite, or celebrate your fandom at Disney Channel Nite. What do you need to know about these special offerings? Keep reading below!
Disneyland After Dark General Info
Disneyland After Dark is a hard-ticket event similar to other themed events such as Halloween and Christmas parties. Party guests can enter Disneyland Park at 6 pm. After the park closes to day guests at 9 pm, they’ll enjoy themed food, special characters and themed entertainment, themed PhotoPass and selfie opportunities, free PhotoPass downloads from the event, and most of all – short waits for attractions. Park Reservations are not required for Disneyland After Dark events.
In addition to party-specific menu items, characters, and entertainment, costumes are allowed at After Dark events. Although Disneyland’s dress guidelines exclude costumes for guests over age 14, all ages can wear them to Disneyland After Dark as long as they are otherwise in keeping with the rules. PhotoPass photos from the event are included with your ticket.
Is It Worth It?
Depending on the event and date, ticket prices range from $139 to $169. However, they are often comparably priced (within $10 either way) to a 1-day, 1-park ticket for the same date. You’ll need to check a specific date you’re interested in for the exact numbers.
The value of theme extras is always going to be a personal decision, but compared to After Hours events, Disneyland events tend to offer more theming. You can read about Guy’s experience at 2018’s Throw-Back Nite to see some of the special offerings, even though that theme isn’t offered this year. (Only a selection of the available themes is offered from year to year.)
The lines are short enough that you can accomplish a ton during the 7 hours you’ll have available. The difficulty may be that to do a lot of riding you could end up passing on many of the party’s special offerings. But as a value proposition Disneyland After Dark can be on the money if your goal is to see the park with minimal waits instead of using a day-ticket admission. If specific rides are important to you then be aware that not all rides are open for the party. Check Disneyland’s site for information as attraction availability varies based on theme.
How to Get Tickets
Purchase tickets online at Disney’s site, Tickets go on sale no earlier than 9 am on the day that sales open. They are not available the day of the event, although these are frequently sold out anyway. A maximum of 8 tickets can be purchased per person per event date, and tickets aren’t required for those ages 2 or under.
Sweethearts’ Nite Theme
It’s love, love, love is all around us, and you can celebrate everything that’s lovely about love. No sweetheart? No worries, you can still visit with friends or family.
Sweethearts Nite Dates:
Sweethearts’ Nite is offered on Jan. 23, 25, 30, Feb. 1, 6, 8, 12 & 14, 2024, at Disneyland Park. Tickets go on sale December 12 for Magic Key holders and December 14 for general admission.
Sweethearts Nite Themed Offerings:
- Special parade: Sweethearts’ Nite Royal Cavalcade Cinderella has Prince Charming, Disney friends and Royal Fanfare dancers parading through the park to the Royal Ball, attended by – who else – the Royal Disney Couples.
- Themed snacks – a perfect theme for a chocoholic, but it won’t only be chocolate on the menu with shortbread cookie churro with strawberry cheesecake dipping sauce, fried heart-shaped ravioli, and other favorites.
- Take superior selfies (or have a PhotoPass photographer do it for you) with romantic backdrops from your favorite Disney films such as Lady and the Tramp, Tangled, Sleeping Beauty, and more.
- See (and meet) your favorite Disney couples
- After-Hours access to attractions
Disney Channel Nite Theme
How many high school afternoons did you spend on the sofa, chilling out with your Disney Channel besties? It’s OK, we won’t tell, but you can jump right into that high school vibe on Disney Channel Nites.
Disney Channel Nite Dates:
Disney Channel Nite is offered on Mar. 5 & 7, 2024, at Disneyland Park. Tickets go on sale December 12 for Magic Key holders and December 14 for general admission.
Disney Channel Nite Themed Offerings
Put yourself into your favorite Disney Channel shows and movies with photo backdrops including Lizzie McGuire, The Cheetah Girls, Teen Beach Movie, and more.
- Special parade: High School Musical pep rally. Get your game on!
- It’s bananas with banana burritos and tropical banana punch, or maybe you prefer chili cheese loaded nachos and a s’mores donut skewer. More food yet to be announced, and dining packages (also to be announced) will be available.
- Put yourself into your favorite Disney Channel shows and movies with photo backdrops including Lizzie McGuire, The Cheetah Girls, Teen Beach Movie, and more.
- Meet your favorite Disney Channel characters
- After-Hours access to attractions
Star Wars Nite Theme
Star Wars Nite focuses on … Star Wars! (Word of the day: eponymous – a person, place, or thing that something is named after.) No matter your era or allegiance, this themed night has something Star Wars-y for everyone.
Star Wars Night Dates:
Star Wars Nite will be offered April 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, May 2, 7 & 9, 2024 at Disneyland Park
Tickets will go on sale as follows:
- On Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT) Inspire Key holders may purchase from a select amount of pre-sale tickets on Disneyland.com.
- On Wednesday, Feb. 21 and Thursday, Feb. 22, all Magic Key holders will have the opportunity to purchase from a select amount of pre-sale tickets.
- On Friday, Feb. 23 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT), tickets will go on sale to the general public.
Ticket purchasers may expect to wait in a virtual queue to purchase tickets; a notify me option allows guests to enter their email and be notified when it’s their turn to enter the queue instead of needing to keep checking their position. Once the email is received, guests will have 10 minutes to re-enter the site and proceed to purchasing.
Star Wars Nite Themed Offerings
- Guests in Star Wars-themed costumes* are invited to participate in a special cavalcade, where they will join Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in a march down Main Street, U.S.A., culminating in a group photo in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, illuminated with galactic projections.
- Character experiences and entertainment include a Galactic Dance Party, Captain Phasma and her elite unit of Stormtroopers, and a Resistance Show of Unity!
- Lightsaber instructions! At the Star Wars Nite Lightsaber Instructional, you too can learn to swing it like a Jedi, including all-new maneuvers specially crafted for this year’s recruits.
- PhotoPass (and selfie) opportunities with photo backdrops featuring your favorite galactic heroes and villains.
- Star-Wars Nite special treats such as Pork Belly Sisig-inspired Loaded Fries, Street-style Elote Burger, Pineapple and Ube Crescent Sundae, and more
Pride Nite Theme
During Pride Month in June, Disneyland After Dark is bringing the first-ever Pride Nite to Disneyland Resort, celebrating LGBTQIA+ community and allies.
Pride Nite Dates:
Pride Nite is offered on June 18 & 20, 2024 at Disneyland Park
Ticket and event information is not available yet and will be announced at a later date. Information from below is from the 2023 event.
Pride Nite Themed Offerings
- Special entertainment: The Pride Nite Cavalcade has Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and their friends dancing along the parade route dressed in special attire.
- Dancing everywhere!
- Ohana Dance Party (with Stitch) at Tomorrowland Terrace
- Pride Nite Dance Club along the Rivers of America, inviting everyone to dance and enjoy music under the stars.
- Country line dancing at the Golden Horseshoe
- Character experiences: Mickey and friends will join the fun – look for them on the dance floor or strolling throughout the park
- PhotoPass (and selfie) opportunities with photo backdrops with inspirational messages or Disney characters.
- Savory snacks and sweets specially made for the party: Chocolate Almond Churros, Berry Cheesecake Funnel Cake, Grapefruit Lemonade Soda, and more.
Have you been to Disneyland After Dark? What’s your favorite theme? Let us know in the comments!