Photo by Andy Castro

Many of us who visit the Disney theme parks carry around some sort of electronic device, whether it’s an iPhone, Android device, or a digital camera. One of the most frustrating parts of a vacation can be when you drain all the power from your device. Up until this point, you had the option of bringing the cord for your device to Guest Relations where they would often charge the device for you. However, something new has arrived at Disneyland: Charging Lockers!

Photo by Andy Castro

These new Charging Lockers at Disneyland (located where current lockers are on Main Street, U.S.A.) are perfect if you’re looking for a quick charge. For $2 per hour, you have the option to charge any of your electronics. You first select whether you want to charge your iPhone, Android device, or BlackBerry, or if you want access to a standard outlet (for laptops, cameras, and other devices). After you enter a four digit PIN, just head to the assigned locker and start charging! The iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry lockers come with the cords pre-installed, so you don’t need to carry around your own cord. For laptops, cameras, and other devices, you’ll need to bring your own cord and select the standard outlet locker.

What do you think of these new Charging Lockers at Disneyland? Do you plan on using them during your next visit? Would you like to see these at other Disney theme parks?

27 thoughts on “Need Some Electronic Juice? New Charging Lockers At Disneyland Will Help You Out!

• February 20, 2012 at 10:10 am

This is brilliant! Love this idea.

• February 20, 2012 at 10:14 am

They need this in WDW!

• February 20, 2012 at 2:05 pm

There has been talk recently of electronic charging locations coming to Walt Disney World. Whether they decide to use this locker system or not is unknown. Should be exciting to see what happens!

• February 20, 2012 at 10:19 am

That’s a great idea… hopefully they get them at WDW too!

• February 20, 2012 at 10:21 am

Interesting. I wonder how many guests will use these? I can see where they would be handy if in the park all day without any break during the day. Will be at Disneyland tomorrow, might have to use them ourselves —where in the park are they located?

• February 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm

They are located where the existing lockers are, right off of Main Street USA. And let us know if you do end up using them!

• September 1, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I am assuming you found them, but for others reading this, they are located on Main Street, half way down the street, on the right in with the lockers. As you walk in, they are on the wall to the right.

• February 20, 2012 at 10:24 am

I wonder when this will come to WDW.

• February 20, 2012 at 10:25 am

These lockers could be perfect for Feb 29th….

• February 20, 2012 at 10:42 am

Thats a good idea. I think $2 is a little high. I would probably pick the one with the standard plug, but I would prefer a locker with 4 outlets. They should put solar panels on the roof to power the lockers.

• February 20, 2012 at 11:04 am

This would have been great to have available on our trip in December. My iPhone’s battery died after many hours of entering wait times in Lines. I definitely would have used this service. Next time, though, I’ll be better prepared and bring a spare battery pack.

• February 20, 2012 at 11:19 am

Does the electricity come infused with pixie dust?

• February 20, 2012 at 11:45 am

Great idea! Especially on the first and last days of a visit when you can’t check in yet, or go back to your room!

• February 20, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Sounds like a neat idea. They should add these around WDW, but not just at the front of the park. Add a few at the front of different restaurants so you could charge your device while you eat.

• February 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

What a great idea to put them outside of restaurants! That’s perfect.

• February 21, 2012 at 8:53 am

I think this is a great idea. I think $2 is a bit high, but that wouldn’t stop me if I needed some power.

• February 22, 2012 at 10:35 am

jon: how on Earth is that more convenient than plugging in your phone. Why would I want to lug that huge thing around?

I think this is spam and should be removed.

• February 23, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I’m kicking myself. I was discussing a similar concept a couple years ago. I “shelved” the idea but it seems someone else found out, lol.

• Pingback:Preparing for your One More Disney Day | DisneylandLive | an unofficial Disneyland news and photo blog

• March 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm

So, Feb 29th, the lockers experienced a problem, and as they do at all times when encountering an error, the lockers all opened. Disney Castmembers collected the phones for safety, and those who used the services ended up having to stand in a line and provide evidence that x was really their phone/device.

Couldn’t have been worse timing, as the park was STUFFED with people, and, well, of course, the phones didn’t get charged during the three plus hours it took people to get their devices.

• September 1, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I have a new phone, the LG Englighten, it’s a smart phone. Yesterday was the first time I have been to Disneyland on my annual pass since I got my phone. After about 6 hours, which put me at about 1pm, it was time to charge it. I didn’t bring my charger because REALLY, where am I gonna charge my phone in a theme park. While we were waiting for the parade to clear, I got to thinking about something I read, recently somewhere, cell phone charging at the Courtesy Counter? Hmm, what did I read? So I went and asked if they did such a thing and they told me the cell phone charging lockers were in the locker area on Main Street and it was $2 per hour. WONDERFUL! I ended up charging my phone for 45 minutes and with me not taking anymore pictures, the charge lasted me until I got home at 10pm. If you don’t have your charger, there are 2 plugs located inside the locker. One is for the Apple products, the second is for all others. Necessity is the mother of invention! THANK YOU DISNEYLAND!

• June 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm

This blog is bogus. We are at the park and there are NO charging stations. Don’t get your hopes up for charging stations. There are several places with outlets; especially bathrooms. But there are NO charging stations.

• June 29, 2013 at 11:14 am

This blog is NOT bogus! The charging stations are on the locker room on Main Street in Disneyland. They are in the very first row.

My question: does anyone know if they charge iPhone 5 now? Last time I used them I had a regular iPhone.

• July 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm

No they do not have an adapter for the iPhone 5 yet. I charged my 4S last night at Disneyland in the locker room. After an hour I got back to about 65%. There are also three outlets on the wall in the locker room, and people were sitting on the ground using those, for free.

• Pingback:Photos: New charging stations at the Magic Kingdom | The Social Mouse

• May 6, 2014 at 8:51 am

Brilliant!! I was just at Disneyland this weekend and mentioned to my group that they should invent charging lockers…I can’t believe the actually have this!! I will be using this next time I’m at Disneyland for sure! I am just bummed I didn’t find your blog sooner 🙂

Comments are closed.