Chef Remy to Leave Les Chefs de France

©Disney
©Disney

Little Chef, otherwise known as Chef Remy from the movie Ratatouille, is leaving Les Chefs de France in Epcot. The tiny audio-animatronic who stands 6 inches tall and performs on a cheese tray will entertain his last diners on Thursday, October 24, 2013.

Guests love this little guy, who comes out and visits with them at their tables. The character, which is a part of Disney’s living character initiative, can squeak, dance, sneeze, and pose for photos (alongside a maître d’ friend, who joins in on the fun).

Chef Remy continues his restaurant appearances Monday through Saturday his last day. His showtimes are at 12:30 p.m., 1:40 p.m., 2:50 p.m., and 5:20 p.m. Reservations are recommended if you want to dine at Chefs de France to see Remy.

If you can, make sure to stop by and give Remy a little goodbye love.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

17 thoughts on “Chef Remy to Leave Les Chefs de France

• October 11, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Any word on why he is leaving?

• October 11, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Oh non ! C’est terrible 🙁

• October 13, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Maybe they are replacing him with Rizzo from the Muppets…after all Rizzo needs something to do while the Muppet Theater is being refurbed… 🙂

• October 11, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I am so disappointed. I specifically made reservations for Les Chefs de France this November during a time that Remy would be there. This is to be my 71 year old mother-in-law’s first visit to Disney and she LOVED the movie Ratatouille. I’m wondering if I should change my reservation to Monsier Paul since she is a foodie and might enjoy that experience more.

• October 11, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Well, it just saved me some money! No reason to eat there in January now. Now we can eat elsewhere, where it is at least *slightly* less overpriced.

• October 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I’m so disappointed. I made reservations at Christmastime to surprise my children. They love Remy! Now I will be looking for an alternative.

• October 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Loved this a few years ago. My kids thought is was great and still talk about it. We even made reservations for this December especially for Remy. Guess I’ll find something else(if I can).

• October 11, 2013 at 5:44 pm

This is sad news! I always wanted to meet Chef Remy.

• October 11, 2013 at 6:46 pm

So disappointed! Made reservations in early December to see Remy. Why is he leaving? It sounds like he’s the perfect Disney touch for Les Chefs de France. So sad!

• October 11, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Very sad!!! On our last trip my kids loved him, and my husband (who is mostly annoyed with character interactions) said that he was the coolest character he had seen all week.

There will truly be no reason to return here, Remy was the only reason I even thought about bringing my kids there. With the super tight seating and the teeny tiny desserts, we probably won’t be back while my kids are young.

I’m so glad we met Remy last year, he and his handler were hilarious!!!

• October 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

So sad… never had a chance to see him and now he is gone. Always amazes me… It says, “Guests love this little guy, who comes out and visits with them at their tables”… well then I know exactly what to do, get rid of the what the guests enjoy. Sad day.

• October 12, 2013 at 9:35 am

I changed reservations too after hearing this. The food sounded awesome to me but meeting Remy was for my son. Biergarten here we come!

• October 12, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I am SO disappointed. I made a reservation at the restaurant for my trip the first week of December specifically to see Remy. My fear, now confirmed, was that he would removed from rotation before I saw him. Going to cancel the reservation now as there is no longer any reason to spend too much money for only “ok” food. I wonder how fast bookings for lunch there are going to plummet when the word gets around that Remy is gone.

• October 13, 2013 at 10:00 am

While the character is fun, you should really go for the food, which is excellent.

• April 17, 2014 at 5:40 pm

There are French Restaurants all over the country, but this is the only one that had chef Remy. So we won’t be back without Remy. Why pay for the kids at an expensive restaurant? They aren’t foodies at this young age. It was a way to introduce them to French food. They only get out of school for a couple month’s each year, they’re lucky if they get a trip to WDW during that time, so it’s important they have a great time during this all too brief trip. Sorry, no Remy, no reservation at Chefs of France.

• October 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm

While it stinks that they are taking him away, I know that there were a lot of issues with him. He wasn’t out when we went in 2010 due to some kind of issue- it may have been hard to keep him rolling around. Perhaps they could do a little set up near the front where he could make appearances as children or people requested?? Sad that they are just scrapping him all together. 🙁