Disney’s Polynesian Resort Scheduled Refurbishments

©Disney
©Disney

It was announced last September that Disney Vacation Club would be heading to Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Because of this addition, the hotel is refurbishing some areas for future enjoyment. There are a couple of new items that have been added to the list, in addition to a few that are currently ongoing. So you can be prepared if you are planning on staying at the Polynesian during your vacation this year, here are the rehabs are taking place .

• The eastern portion of the Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point have been closed since September 9, 2013, and will be unavailable for the foreseeable future.
  • The Never Land Club (Children’s Activity Center) has been closed since January 28 and will remain closed until April 27.
  • The lobby of the Great Ceremonial House will see refurbishment work from March 1 until sometime in December 2014.
  • Captain Cook’s (Quick Service dining location) will close sometime in March and will reopen sometime in June. A replacement dining option will be available.

I’ll be sure to keep you posted on additional refurbishment details!

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

15 thoughts on “Disney’s Polynesian Resort Scheduled Refurbishments

• February 11, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Just one question, Are ‘Ohana or Spirit of Aloha impacted by these refurbishments works? tks in advance!

• February 11, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Any news about the pool refurb?

• February 14, 2014 at 5:55 pm

So…Laura…now I can tell you that it appears the Volcano Pool will be going down for a very lengthy refurbishment from Aug. 2014 to sometime in 2015. I’ll confirm, but wanted to give you a bit of a heads up, since you asked.

• March 24, 2014 at 1:31 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!??!? I have Poly booked for my 40th birthday celebration Sept 18-22 – it’s a long time dream of mine to stay there and one of the BIGGEST reasons is for the POOL!!!!

• April 13, 2014 at 9:09 am

Just wondering if this has been confirmed? There is nothing about it on Disney’s website or the Disney Travel Company refurb list. We’re staying at the Polynesian in August and wanted to use the pool!

• Pingback: Disney World announces refurbishment schedule for Polynesian Resort, but no word on Trader Sam’s | The AtomicGrog.com Blog

• February 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm

We are booked into the Poly starting next week. We had selected the hotel primarily due to the convenience of the Never Land Club. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge previously and loved it but wanted to try something new. Since we booked, we learned Never Land Club will be closed for our stay. Do you have any suggestions for alternatives? I understand that there is a kids club nearby at The Grand Floridian. Will we waste a lot of time in transport? If so, should i just rebook into the Wilderness Lodge to use the Cubs Den?

• Pingback: A Few Noteworthy Notes and Happenings at Walt Disney World | TouringPlans.com Blog

• March 5, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Please tell me that the Poly is adding at least one hot tub to its pool areas. 3 or 4 would be even better especially at the quiet pool! The lack of hot tubs is an oversight that someone has to fix and the only amenity that the Poly lacks.

• March 25, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I have a trip planned for myself and my 2 children (6,14) for mid-July to WDW and was intending to stay at the Polynesian because of proximity to Magic Kingdom and the POOL! Debated between Contemporary and Grand Floridian, but the Poly seemed most appealing. Will the volcano pool still be open to guests throughout July?? How about the beach area? If not, any suggestions on the other “deluxes” would be appreciated

• March 25, 2014 at 8:28 pm

You should call the front desk to ask about pool opening dates. Still, if price is no option, Michelle, you might want to see if the new Four Seasons will be open when you go. I hear it is opening this summer.It will be the hottest thing on Bay Lake! The GF is lovely, and it’s pools have been refurbished recently. I also believe they are post-construction phase, so it might be a good choice for you too. If you can get a concierge room in Sugar Loaf, you will be very happy with the location and all the free cookies and wine! I have not stayed at the Contemporary lately, but Bay Lake has its fans, and you can’t beat the walking distance to Main Street. Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodge are both lovely, but they lack the transportation convenience of the Poly which is impossible to beat. If you don’t mind the busses and the time they consume, I’d put WIlderness way up there. It does have a boat to MK, but that’s it. Good luck!