This summer, Cars 3 will hit theaters and Disney is starting the marketing for the film early. (Hey, it worked for Beauty and the Beast, right?) This weekend, from March 23-26, Guests who visit Disney Springs will be able to take part in the kick off event for the “Road to the Races” nationwide promotional tour.
Guests who visit the shopping and dining district will be able to take part in Cars-themed activities for the whole family that include:
- Get an extended sneak peek of the upcoming film
- Take part in photo opportunities with three life-size character cars
- A giant color mural will be available and is sponsored by Alamo Rent A Car
- A racer pit crew tire-changing activity and photo opp sponsored by Coppertone
- Prizes from the Piston Cup prize wheel and a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen courtesy of Crest and Oral-B
- High-octane smoothies located at the Dole Refueling Station
- Mattel’s interactive play area
- The history and science behind NASCAR
- Cars merchandise
- special menu offerings at select food and beverage locations
- DJ dance party
Guests will find the “Road to the Races” Tour in the Marketplace section located in the former Marketplace Bus Loop located near Disney Days of Christmas. It will be open on March 23 from 12:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.; March 24 and 25 from 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.; and March 26 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Cars 3 will be in theaters on June 16.