Walt Disney World Family Packing Tips + Video

About a week before my trip to Walt Disney World (Hello from Magic Kingdom!), I asked on Twitter if you wanted to see how I pack for my family of four. A lot of you said yes, so that’s what I’m covering today.

In this vlog-type video, I took you to Target for some travel supplies, brought you through my week and showed you my whole packing process.

To share your own packing tips, leave them below. I’m always looking for new ideas!

Do you pack more or less than I do for your family? Again, leave your thoughts below!

Angela Dahlgren

As the host of TouringPlansTV, Angela produces weekly videos on our TouringPlans YouTube channel. When she's not talking about the happiest place on earth, she spends her time entertaining her own little Minnie and Mickey Mouse. You can find her on twitter @AngelaDahlgren or via email - angela@touringplans.com

15 thoughts on “Walt Disney World Family Packing Tips + Video

• September 25, 2018 at 10:16 am

My only comment is that 2 suitcases for 4 people is not even close to over packing. You’re doing great. 🙂

• September 26, 2018 at 4:12 pm

SKC,

Phew! I always feel like I pack too much, but maybe that’s because I was packing for babies before and now my kids are toddlers!

– Angela

• September 25, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Out of curiosity- How many days were you packing for?

• September 26, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Kristi,

I was packing for seven nights. 🙂

Angela

• September 26, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Gurl. You’ve got mad skills. I pack more than that for a weekend! #respect

• September 26, 2018 at 4:20 pm

LOL, thank you!I tried to cut back this year since we had laundry in our DVC room! – Angela

• September 25, 2018 at 3:21 pm

There are some great tips in the video! Candidly, this is very similar to the way I pack for my family (right down to rolling the kids’ clothes into little “outfit burritos” inside their color-coded packing cubes). We typically take 1 21″ carryon suitcase per person, which fits clothes, shoes, toiletries and sundries for 5-7 days, plus leaves enough extra space in the kids’ bags to add breakfast foodstuffs. As in the video, we make a carefully-curated packing list ahead of time, and stick to it. So far, we’ve never wished we’d packed additional items, have never needed more than 10 minutes to unpack/repack, and have never had to check luggage.

• September 26, 2018 at 4:19 pm

RHB,

It sounds like you’ve mastered a very efficient way of packing. I’ll be grateful when my kids can carry their luggage so everyone can keep their own things together!

– Angela

• September 26, 2018 at 4:48 pm

Angela, you should look into investing in a LectroFan Micro Wireless Sleep Sound Machine. We got our on Amazon. It has fan sounds, white noise, ocean sounds, you name it and is super small. It’s perfect for travelling and is loud enough to sound like a full size fan. We used this on our last two vacations and it worked perfectly. As a bonus, it is also a Bluetooth Speaker so if you feel like a spontaneous dance party, you can do that too!

• September 28, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Laura,

I read this comment to my husband, and we’re definitely going to look into it! Thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it! – Angela

• September 28, 2018 at 3:36 pm

I’m all about saving space and that little fan was a huge win for us. Good luck and I’d love to hear if it works for you. 🙂

• September 28, 2018 at 8:18 am

We pack 4 large suitcases for a family of 6. Plus bring two large empty suitcases pack one inside the other for souvenirs. Plus each person has a carry on and laptops. Plus we have groceries delivered to our room for the trip. I love the fan for the white noise. We do that at home and it never occurred to me to bring a small fan with me, it does now however. Thanks

• September 28, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Dan,

Grocery delivery sounds like a great idea! I can’t be without my travel fan. It’s the best!

– Angela

• September 28, 2018 at 3:14 pm

My only addition would be to bring an over the door shoe holder. I know… that sounds weird…but really, it has been life changing for traveling with kids. We put it on the bathroom door and keep all the toothbrushes, sunscreen, magic bands (at the end of the day), travel shampoo and conditioner, snacks, etc.. in each of the individual pockets so things are easy to find and we get out the door quickly for rope drop! Especially for long trips, it can be a life saver!

• September 30, 2018 at 4:06 pm

SAM,

That’s a fantastic idea! We make such a mess having our toiletries all over the counter. What a great way to keep your space neat AND organized.

– Angela