Are you looking to do something besides the theme parks at Walt Disney World? The resort hotels have a lot of great opportunities to have even more fun on you vacation, and soon, there will be even more options to choose from.
The first new option will be the Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew. During this activity that takes place at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, little Guests, ages 4-12 will need to follow clues to a hidden treasure as they comb through the resort and set sail on a pontoon boat around Crescent Lake. Once the treasure is unearthed, all join in a Pirate feast that includes selections such as Cannon Meatballs with marinara or macaroni and “gold” sauce for entrees, along with a treasure chest treat or fruit for dessert. Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew is priced at $55 per child (plus tax); the adventures begin April 28. To book a reservation, call 407-824-KIDS. This will replace the Pixar Play Zone. The Pixar Play Zone will cease operation on March 30.
Various resort hotels will also be offering Mermaid School. Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Mermaid School will be offered on select dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Bookings will open mid-March and can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
If you’re looking for a more luxurious offering, rentals are now available for new poolside cabanas at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. These cabanas are only available for Guests staying at these two resorts. Guests who rent these cabanas will receive:
- Padded furniture (chairs and couch)
- Dedicated Disney cast member service
- Cocktail service
- Mounted television with cable access
- Complimentary sunscreen and other skincare products
- Mini-refrigerator stocked with complimentary soda and water
- Complimentary fruit tray
- Plush towels
- Lockable cabinet
- Charging outlets for mobile devices
Reservations for half and full day rentals are available for dates beginning March 17 and can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
Did you know that some resorts offer art classes where Guests get to take home their own gorgeous work of art? Guest can participate in these classes on select days at select resort hotels. The cost ranges from $35 to $50 (plus tax) and Guests must be 12 years or older to participate. Options include:
- Win, Paint, Show at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Wild About Painting, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Painting on de’ Bayou (adults), Painting by the Lagoon (kids), Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter Resort. NOTE: children’s painting class is $30 per person (plus tax); designed for ages 6 and older; accompanying parent required.
- Painting in the Vineyard, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- Canvas and Wine Glass Painting on the Boards, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
To book your chance to paint, call 407-WDW-PLAY.
Finally, did you know that you can fish at Walt Disney World? A brand new vessel has been added to the fleet. There is a brand new NITRO ZV21, that will be run out of the Magic Kingdom marinas. For more information or to book an excursion, guests can call 407-WDW-BASS.
So, you see, the Walt Disney World resort is so much more than just theme parks. And now, with a litany of new offerings, Guests will have more choices in tailoring their vacation to being just right for their needs.