Tomorrow at Walt Disney World: September 5, 2019

Tomorrow is Thursday, September 5, 2019.

Here’s what you have to look forward to if you’re headed to Walt Disney World tomorrow.

Park Hours

Magic Kingdom: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Epcot: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Hollywood Studios: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Animal Kingdom: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Extra Magic Hours

Magic Kingdom: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Epcot: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Hollywood Studios: 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Animal Kingdom: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.

Other Hours

Typhoon Lagoon: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Blizzard Beach: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Disney Springs: 10:00 a.m. 10 12:00 a.m.

Crowd Calendar Levels

MK: 3
EP: 2
HS: 7
AK: 1
Resort-Wide: 2

Refurbs and Closures

MK: Astro Orbiter
MK: Walt Disney World Railroad
EP: O Canada!
AK: Primeval Whirl

Parades and Nighttime Entertainment

MK–Festival of Fantasy: 2:00 p.m.
MK–Happily Ever After: 9:15 p.m.
EP–IllumiNations: 9:00 p.m.
HS–Fantasmic!: 8:30 p.m.
HS–Star Wars Fireworks: 10:00 p.m.
AK–Rivers of Light: 8:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m.

Weather

High: 94 / Low: 78
UV Index: 10+ (Extreme)
Partly cloudy with a 10% chance of rain.
Sunrise: 7:06 a.m. / Sunset 7:43 p.m.

Special Events to Note

MK: After Hours at Magic Kingdom 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
EP: Eat to the Beat Concert–Grace Kelly

Is tomorrow a Disney day for you? Where are you headed? Got a countdown you want to share?

Julia Mascardo

Freelance writer and editor, living the dream in Central Florida with my husband, cats, and spirited nine-year-old daughter.

11 thoughts on “Tomorrow at Walt Disney World: September 5, 2019

• September 4, 2019 at 8:20 pm

Any word on when the WDW Railroad at MK will reopen? I have a vague idea it was supposed to be ready last May. Now I’m wondering if it will reopen by next year!

• September 4, 2019 at 11:11 pm

There’s a couple interesting things about the WDW Railroad — one challenge is that they’re having to redo the track to go “around” the TRON coaster, and they can’t have it going through the active construction site with people on board. (I’ve heard rumors that the coaster will actually be built up a bit to allow the train to go below it through a tunnel…and my dream-come-true rumor would be that they’d do something like the Disneyland railroad has in that tunnel with the dinosaurs from Universe of Energy! But that’s 110% rumor at this point…or wishful thinking.)

I know that since they had to take the railroad out of service because of the construction, they’ve been working on redoing the railroad track itself with brand-new ties. At this point, Disney’s just saying “We don’t have a reopening date yet.” Realistically, I don’t know that it will reopen in 2019, but I’m hopeful. I miss sitting on my back porch and listening to the train whistle while I write.

• September 5, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Oh my, I was very sad when Universe of Energy closed and would be thrilled to see the dinos in a railroad tunnel! Won’t get my hopes up though.

Maybe the train will be running by next February when we visit again.

• September 4, 2019 at 9:22 pm

I believe there are some changes coming to Epcot starting next week (character locations specifically). Will you guys have more info on that? My FastPass day in Tuesday and I’m hoping to have the new info before making my reservations.

Just found this blog and your YouTube channel and I am OBSESSED. Such great information!

• September 4, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Thanks, Jessica!! I’ll be headed over to Epcot this weekend to try and scope out all the changes and report back on them here on the blog. Let me know if there’s any characters in particular that you’re looking for at a meet and greet. ๐Ÿ™‚

• September 5, 2019 at 7:07 am

Weโ€™ll be at the parks Saturday-Tuesday! Will yโ€™all be having any TP meetups?

• September 8, 2019 at 7:55 pm

At this point, no meetups on the calendar–I think most of us are still hiding inside away from the heat! ๐Ÿ™‚

But hope you’re having an awesome trip!!

• September 5, 2019 at 7:14 am

Thanks for the quick reply! I know all the “main” characters will still be available just in different locations. I’m very curious if Sadness will still be with Joy (I’m thinking probably not based on what I’ve read) and where she/they will be. Also, for Pooh, I know his location, but curious if it will be eligible for FP+ and if it is anticipated to be a highly sought-after meet and greet (and therefore if you recommend FP+ for it). I know Tigger used to meet with Pooh, but I haven’t heard that he will be returning too.

When Disney makes changes like these, will they typically release a new park map, and if so will you have that posted? I am getting super anxious planning our one-day at Epcot!

• September 8, 2019 at 9:08 pm

Picked up the map today, but there were very few changes on it. In short, Club Cool, Starbucks, the hallway behind them, and the part of Innoventions that housed Colortopia and Nanooze Break closed today. The Character Spot moved from where it used to be (in the same building with Club Cool and Starbucks) to the same building with Joy/Sadness and Baymax — just around the corner. But aside from those adjustments, nothing much has changed on the map for now.

For the times guide released today, they don’t have FP+ listed for any of the character meet and greets–and none of them are appearing in My Disney Experience as options either. If you’re able to hit up the meet and greets right when they open, there’s little to no line. I’d go for Character Spot first and then go back to Joy/Sadness and Baymax personally.

• September 4, 2019 at 10:34 pm

Isn’t Blizzard Beach closed?