Disney Park Hours Reduced for Upcoming Dates

As a way to cut costs, and in response to lagging attendance numbers, Walt Disney World has made changes to upcoming park hours. These changes are noted on their web site, and a notification was sent out to those with park reservations for the impacted dates through the My Disney Experience app.

The changes are as follows, starting September 8, 2020 and listed through October 31, 2020:

Magic Kingdom will now be open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (previously 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)

Epcot will now be open from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (previously 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.)

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will now be open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (previously 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom will now be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (previously 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)

Currently, Disney’s web site does not list any theme park hours for beyond October 31.

Julia Mascardo

Freelance writer and editor, living the dream in Central Florida with my husband, cats, and spirited nine-year-old daughter.

4 thoughts on “Disney Park Hours Reduced for Upcoming Dates

• August 7, 2020 at 9:24 pm

Wonder if they are going to cancel dining reservations, I had a 730pm setup in epcot, but if the park closes at 7….

• August 8, 2020 at 1:38 pm

I wouldn’t wonder…I’d call the reservation line ASAP and find out.

• August 8, 2020 at 8:53 pm

For the most part, after re-optimizing my plans with the new wait times, the time saved relative to the old wait times was more than the reduced park hours. Biggest loser from my perspective was Epcot, two hours less park time, but only saved about 30 minutes with updated crowd levels. Makes it hard to keep Epcot a 1-day park now. Fixing that was easy when we had park hopping, but now it will be “do it or lose it” for the trip on that one day.

I booked this trip pre-COVID, purposely picking Mid-Sept as the lowest crowds. In my 8-ish trips I don’t think I’ve ever had a crowd level 1 day. While a COVID Crowd level 1 is likely different from a regular crowd level 1, it is still going to be interesting. to compare.

• August 30, 2020 at 5:57 pm

Hi, do we have times for World Showcase. Crossing my fingers it’s open the full 11-7