Add a Little Romance To Your Disney Valentine’s Day
Aaaaaah. It’s almost Valentine’s Day again. That ever so romantic day where millions of people in love buy each other roses, chocolates, and mushy cards. But what do you do when you are spending the day in the most magical place on Earth? You celebrate Disney style of course.
I know you are thinking this is probably full of Mickey ears, parades and fireworks right? Well, it could be. Or you could plan for some truly romantic Disney magic to encompass the day. Here are my top picks for romance in Disney.
- Order flowers, chocolates, champagne, or even a tiara to be delivered to your resort room. Disney Floral and Gifts has it all! Call 407.939.4438 or order online at disneyfloralandgifts.com. I suggest the Pirate’s Passion. Hint hint if you are reading honey!!
- Book a massage for your sweetheart at one of Disney’s eight spas. Or be adventurous and try a couple’s massage offered at Mandara Spa at the Dolphin or Senses at either the Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs. Call 407-WDW-SPAS to make reservations.
- Treat her like a princess when you dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table. There are several special event packages you can choose from, but my favorite is ordering the chocolate slipper. If eating at Cinderella’s Royal Table seems too childish, other locations include the Grand Floridian’s table-service restaurants (Citricos, 1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian Café, Narcoosee’s, Victoria and Albert’s) or during afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge. The slipper must be ordered in advance by contacting email@example.com.
- Splurge for dinner at one of Disney’s Signature restaurants such as Victoria and Albert’s or the California Grill. (Ed. – Book far in advance if you wish to dine at any restaurant on Valentine’s Day. There is currently no availability for parties of 2 at any signature restaurant on Valentine’s night.)
- Looking for some fireworks in your evening? Take your sweetie on a Wishes or Illuminations cruise. The fresh night air, your own private cruise, inspiring pyrotechnics: what girl wouldn’t swoon?
- More of a land lubber? Got an equestrian side to you? How about a horse drawn carriage ride at either the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds or Port Orleans French Quarter. When my husband surprised me with this one year I almost cried.
- Kiss everywhere. I recommend kissing in every country in Epcot. Take selfies or ask someone else to take photos for you. Flowers die, but you can remember the romance a lot longer with pictures.
This list is nowhere near complete of all the romance to be found in the Disney parks. For more ideas, check out a few other TouringPlans blogs on the subject by Stacey Lantz and Lisa Gilmore. Whatever you choose to do I’m sure the day will be filled with pixie dust simply because you are together in the most magical place in the world.
Did your sweetheart do something romantic for you while in the parks? Share your romance story below.