Earth Day is on April 22, and while most of the focus is always on the events that will occur at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Epcot also gets in on the Earth Day fun.
This year, Earth Day will be celebrated during the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival all weekend long, from April 22-24.
Guests will be able to participate in numerous activities to celebrate the day including:
- The Jungle Book Matching Activity at The Jungle Book Sand Sculpture – Guests will be able to play a matching game in which they match species that were featured in The Jungle Book to a fun fact about the animals.
- Butterfly Citizen Science at Pollinator Garden – Here, Guests will have the opportunity to be a part of a science project by collecting data that will then in turn help conservation and horticulture teams learn about native Floridian butterflies and their plant preference.
- Meet Captain Ron at The Seas with Nemo & Friends – No…you won’t be able to meet Kurt Russell as a salty seafarer. Instead, you’ll meet a beagle named Captain Ron who helps conservation experts by sniffing out turtle egg nests to help protect them. Captain Ron and his trainer Pepe Peruyero will have appearances at 10:30 a.m, 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Earth Day weekend. The duo will also give a short presentation about their work, and will be available for photos.
- At the Festival Center Guests can catch horticulture and wildlife experts leading seminars about aquaponics, making your property wildlife-friendly and how to grow new plants from the plants you already have.
- Participate in a National Park Foundation map activity
- At 11:00 a.m. each day during Earth Day weekend, you can get an up-close look at a nest with a purple martin expert, presented by the The Florida Audubon.
- Guests can enjoy the Leap for Wildlife at National Wildlife Federation Garden
- Guests can discover their footprint at The Nature Conservancy Garden
It seems like a great weekend is in store for those looking to celebrate Earth Day at Epcot this weekend!