Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world!
On Friday, the Cruise Lines International Association announced they would voluntarily suspend sailings of member cruise lines through September 15. It was only a matter of hours before Disney made it official. Since the Magic and the Wonder sailings had previously been suspended through this time, only the Dream and Fantasy were affected. Here are the dates of the latest cancelled cruises:
- July 31, 3-night Bahamian
- August 3, 4-night Bahamian
- August 7, 3-night Bahamian
- August 10, 4-night Bahamian
- August 14, 3-night Bahamian
- August 17, 4-night Bahamian
- August 21, 3-night Bahamian
- August 24, 3-night Bahamian
- August 27, 3-night Bahamian
- August 30, 4-night Bahamian
- September 3, 3-night Bahamian
- September 6, 4-night Bahamian
- September 10, 4-night Bahamian
- September 14, 4-night Bahamian
- August 1, 7-night Western Caribbean
- August 8, 7-night Eastern Caribbean
- August 15, 7-night Western Caribbean
- August 22, 3-night Bahamian
- August 25, 3-night Bahamian
- August 28, 3-night Bahamian
- August 31, 4-night Bahamian
- September 4, 3-night Bahamian
- September 7, 5-night Western Caribbean
- September 12, 7-night Eastern Caribbean
Guests who were paid in full were offered a full refund, or a 125% future cruise credit to use through March 31, 2022. Those not paid in full were issued a refund. Six months without a Disney ship sailing with guests. Who would have thunk?
Here’s something happy!! It may not show too much, but Scott Sanders from the Disney Cruise Line Blog shared a video from Meyer Werft of what is believed to be the build of the engine room of the Disney Wish! I was super super ready for the Wish before, but I feel like this is exactly the light at the end of the 2020 tunnel I’m waiting for!
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!
The Disney Cruise Line Update is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.