It’s been almost 30 years since Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened its doors (albeit with a name change thrown in along the way). Going to be in Walt Disney World May 1? Here’s how you can join in the festivities!
- As you walk into the park, don’t forget to pick up a commemorative 30th anniversary guide map and button!
- Starting at 10:00 am, there will be a character parade held on Hollywood Blvd featuring Mickey and his friends.
- Special food and drinks will be available, including anniversary treats, Incredibles macarons and Kylo Ren cupcakes.
- Get your 30th anniversary merch in Grand Park! Items include a MagicBand, tumbler, ornament, t-shirt, and more. Shopping starts at 8:00 am, and as Annual Passholders will have access to merchandise created just for them, you’ll want to get an early start!
- Debuting at 9:05 pm will be the “Wonderful World of Animation” evening show. Featuring projections on Grauman’s Chinese Theater, this show will take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey himself.
- Want to keep the party going? Grab tickets for the Disney After Hours Event at DHS! Special 30th anniversary perks will include an encore performance of “Wonderful World of Animation” and character meet and greets held throughout the park. Make sure you follow us on Instagram (@TouringPlans) as we’ll be posting to our stories at the event!
Will you be celebrating the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Let me know in the comments!