Our Hotel Room Finder tool shows the view you get from every hotel room in Walt Disney World. It’s a collection of over 35,000 photos, plus data like how far every room is from the lobby, from bus stops, and more. There’s nothing else like it anywhere.
Today we released updates for rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation, All-Star Sports, and Boulder Ridge Villas resorts. Most of these updates are around the kinds of beds available in each room, and ADA accessibility information.
A couple of new features I’d like to point out:
Art of Animation searches support “Family Suite (Theme Assigned at Check-in)”
Disney classifies most of its Art of Animation family suites by movie franchises:
- Cars Family Suites
- Finding Nemo Fanily Suites
- Lion King Family Suites
This allows fans of those specific movies to ask for those specific kinds of rooms.
However, Disney offers small discounts of around $15 to $40 per night for these family suites, if you’re willing to accept a room with any theme. Disney’s room category for this option is “Family Suites (Theme Assigned at Check-in)”:
It’s a small discount per night, but it adds up quickly. If you’re considering this option, the next question is “Where are these rooms?”
Our Hotel Room Finder tool now knows which rooms fit in this category. You can find them by selecting the new “Family Suite (Theme Applied at Check-in)” room type on Art of Animation’s drop-down menu:
New Room View and Room Proximity Information
We’ve also started adding two new pieces of information to our hotel room database:
- Proximity tells you whether the room is located near stairs, an elevator, the pool, or other landmarks. While you might have been able to figure this out by looking at our maps, having it as data will allow us to use Proximity as a search filter in an upcoming release.
- Additional View Info is a short summary of what we think you’re looking at from that hotel room window. This is especially useful at Disney’s Value resorts, where views are often categorized as just “Standard” or “Preferred”. This new “Additional View Info” field further clarifies that with text like “Parking lot view”, “Landscape view”, and similar phrases.
Like Proximity, you probably could’ve figured out Additional View Info by looking at the photos. Having it as its own piece of data will allow us to incorporate it into future search filters.
Here’s a photo of the view from room 6538 at Art of Aniumation. It’s one of the “Family Suite (Theme Applied at Check-in)” rooms, with a partial view of Hourglass Lake:
And here’s the new information we have for this room (at bottom):
Next Updates and Completed Hotels
The next set of hotel updates will include these Disney Resorts, with a tentative update date in February 2024:
- Beach Club Resort
- Yacht Club Resort
- Pop Century
These Disney resorts have been recently updated:
- All-Star Sports
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House
- Art of Animation
- BoardWalk Inn (cash rooms)
- Boulder Ridge Villas
- Old Key West
- Polynesian (cash rooms and DVC)
- Wilderness Lodge main building
We’ll update the remaining resorts as new information becomes available. In the specific case of Caribbean Beach, we expect to get updates when the refurbishment is done.