It is hard to believe that soon the gates to Walt Disney World’s theme parks will open for the first time in what feels like forever. Many people are apprehensive with Walt Disney World’s theme parks reopening. I am one of the apprehensive folks.
One of the ways I am dealing with this apprehension is to focus on the attractions and activities that are outdoors. I would much prefer to remain outside as much as possible for the foreseeable future. So, if you’re like me and feel more comfortable with outdoor activities right now, as opposed to indoors where air recirculates easily, then this list of best outdoor activities at Magic Kingdom is for you.
Best Outdoor Activities in Tomorrowland
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority – PeopleMover
- Tomorrowland Speedway
Best Outdoor Activities in Fantasyland
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (partially indoors)
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mad Tea Party
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Station (status – not part of the July 2020 reopening)
- Barnstormer Starring The Great Goofini (status – not part of the July 2020 reopening)
Best Outdoor Activities in Liberty Square
- Liberty Belle Riverboat
- Tom Sawyer Island
- The rocking chairs near Hall of Presidents or outside Liberty Tree Tavern–yes these count as an attraction in my book
Best Outdoor Activities in Frontierland
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade (status – not part of the July 2020 reopening)
- Big Thunder Mountain
Best Outdoor Activities in Adventureland
- The Jungle Cruise
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Another favorite outdoor activity of mine is to view the windows on Main Street U.S.A. The merchandise shops have precious displays, but don’t forget to look up so you can see windows that pay tribute to Disney leaders who have made an impact on the company. There’s also the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, which is an interactive role-playing game that encompasses multiple lands.
You can learn more about the best strategies for enjoying a day at the Magic Kingdom here.