Everglazed Donuts opened recently at Disney Springs, and we wanted to see what the hype was about. In general, there were some things we liked and some things we were less pleased about.
- Discounts: There are discounts for ordering donuts by the dozen, and you can stack your AP discount on top of that.
- Donuts are made fresh throughout the day, instead of having a fixed amount of goods that are baked in advance.
- There’s some really unique flavors, like Nutella Bella and Ube (purple yam).
- At least for now, the line can be long — our reviewer waited 25 minutes in line for her donuts. It is likely, but not guaranteed, that lines may not extend as long as the initial hype dies down.
- Transporting the donuts can be challenging, as ones with the toppings (like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch one) can have the toppings slide off into a gooey mess in the box.
- The Price: For even just a single, regular glazed donut, the cost is around $5.
Our reviewer picked up a dozen donuts (and they tossed in an extra one for free). Here’s some of the highlights.
The Nutella Bella was a favorite because it was both delicious and also something that you wouldn’t find easier or cheaper at Dunkin’ or Joffrey’s.
On the other hand, the Strawberry Iced with Sprinkles wasn’t a favorite as it had that “fake strawberry” flavor and was overly strong.
The Cinnamon Toast Crunch became a sloppy, gloopy mess as the toppings all slide off into a blob.
A surprise hit was the Purple Glazed Ube — it’s gorgeous, mild in flavor, and delicious, but it also makes you feel that you’re spending the money to get something unique.
A surprise miss was the Peanut Butter Explosion. Simply put, there were too many peanut butter chips. For a well-balanced flavor, you would need to scrape off about half of them.
Many of the donuts, like the Chocolate Glazed, Basic Cake, Glazed, and so on are standard donuts that you could get easier and cheaper elsewhere. If you’re stuck in Disney Springs early in the morning and need something, it does the job. Even then, go with the flavors that you can’t get anywhere else.
Are you excited to try Everglazed Donuts? Let us know what you think in the comments.