Ring in 2019 at Universal Orlando as we look at the New Year’s Eve events around the resort and more!
New Year’s Eve at Universal Orlando
Universal is offering over a dozen events around the resort to ring in the new year, no matter your taste or budget. Activities in Universal Studios Florida are included with park admission. We advise to arrive an hour prior to midnight to guarantee entry for the countdown.
Universal Studios Florida
- Music Plaza Stage 6:15pm – 1:00am; Holiday characters, live band, DJ, fireworks and confetti at midnight
- Central Park 8:30pm – 1:00am; Universal characters, DJ, new Cinematic Celebration, special fireworks and fountains at midnight
- EVE 8:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. ($139.99 plus tax); Unlimited gourmet food, midnight toast, midnight fireworks, and access to six CityWalk clubs.
- EVE VIP 8:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. ($234.99 plus tax); EVE event offerings plus two complementary beverages, private bars and dance floor, VIP entrance, and VIP cuisine
- Portofino Bay
- Party on the Piazza 8:30 p.m. – midnight ($155 plus tax for 21 and older, $105 plus tax ages 10 – 20, $35 plus tax ages 3 – 9, under 3 are free). Includes gourmet food, beer and wine, DJ, kids’ activities, and midnight toast
- Hard Rock Hotel
- ROCK-in 2019 New Years Eve Lobby Party 8:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. ($70 per adult plus tax, $40 per child plus tax). DJ, Universal characters, midnight toast, balloon drop, and satellite feed to Times Square
- New Year’s Eve Buffet 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ($125 per adult plus tax, $55 per child plus tax). Includes ROCK-in 2019 New Years Eve Lobby Party
- Royal Pacific
- New Year’s Eve Dessert Buffet 7:00 p.m. – midnight ($55 per adult plus tax, $40 per child plus tax). Includes DJ, dance party, midnight toast, and balloon drop
- New Year’s Eve Buffet 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. ($90 per adult plus tax, $40 per child plus tax). Includes New Year’s Eve Dessert Buffet
- Jake’s “Best of 2018” Beer Dinner 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. ($65 per adult plus tax, adults only)
- Wantilan New Year’s Eve Luau 6:00 p.m. ($81-91 per adult plus tax, $36-41 per child plus tax)
- Sapphire Falls
- New Year’s Eve Buffet 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. ($58 per adult plus tax, $26 per child plus tax)
- New Year’s Eve Celebration 10:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. ($85 per adult plus tax, adults only). Live music, champagne toast, balloon drop
- New Year’s Eve in Urban Pantry 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ($22 per adult plus tax, $11 per child plus tax)
- New Year’s Eve at Bar 17, standard bar menu and operating hours
- Cabana Bay
- New Year’s Eve Party Spectacular 8:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. ($16.99 per adult plus tax, $7.99 per child plus tax). Face painters, balloon artists, and midnight balloon drop
Weekly Crowd Levels
Detailed crowd level information can be found here.
Winter weather patterns routinely come as far south as Orlando, so pack for the weather. Volcano Bay could have a delayed opening or close due to cold weather; check the Universal Orlando and TouringPlans Twitter accounts for the latest operating information.
CityWalk is open until 2:00 a.m. daily, with free self parking starting after 6:00 p.m.
|Two Park||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55|
|Adult||Value: $114 plus tax||Regular: $122 plus tax||Anytime: $129 plus tax|
|Child (3-9)||Value: $109 plus tax||Regular: $117 plus tax||Anytime: $124 plus tax|
Two-day, two-park tickets are $274.99 per adult and $264.99 per child (plus tax).
Volcano Bay tickets are at Anytime pricing at $80 per adult and $75 per child (plus tax).
Refurbishments and Showtimes
- No scheduled refurbishments or closures
- Universal’s Cinematic Celebration: December 29 – 30 at 9:45 p.m.; December 31 at 8:30 p.m.; January 1 – 4 at 9:00 p.m.
- The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle: Nightly after dusk
Complete showtimes are available on Universal Orlando’s website.
Deck the halls at Universal Orlando Resort November 17, 2018 – January 6, 2019 with their annual Holiday festivities. Join The Grinch in Seuss Landing and see a live performance of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, celebrate in Universal Studios Florida with Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, or visit the Wizarding World decked out in Christmas decorations. For more information check out our Universal Orlando Holidays 2018 article.
See you next week, and make sure to leave a question below for the Mail Bag!