Pack up the garland and wreaths, it is time to roll out the beads and beignets! Universal has announced their Mardi Gras concert lineup and more in this week’s new roundup.
Mardi Gras Concert Lineup
Universal’s Mardi Gras celebration starts February 9 and runs until April 4 at Universal Studios Florida. Unique foods, delectable treats, strong beverages, amazing music, and an over-the-top parade are offered daily. On select Saturdays and Sundays the Music Plaza stage hosts concerts with big names in the music industry. Concerts are included with admission to Universal Studios Florida. We advise to show up at least an hour prior to the concert to get a good viewing location.
- Saturday, February 9 – BUSH at 8:3o p.m.
- Saturday, February 16 – Gavin DeGraw at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 17 – Dan + Shay at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 23 – Macklemore at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2 – TBA at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9 – Becky G at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10 – Sean Paul at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16 – Steve Miller Band at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17 – Ziggy Marley at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23 – NF at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 24 – Pitbull at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 – TBA at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 31 – TBA at 8:30 p.m.
More information on food and beverages will be announced soon.
Weekly Crowd Levels
Detailed crowd level information can be found here.
Winter weather patterns routinely come as far south as Orlando, so pack for the weather. Volcano Bay could have a delayed opening or closure when highs are in the 60s and lows in the 40s. Refer to the Universal Orlando and TouringPlans Twitter accounts for the latest operating information.
Operating Hours & Early Park Admission
CityWalk is open until 2:00 a.m. daily, with free self parking starting after 6:00 p.m.
|Two Park||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55|
|Adult||Value: $114 + tax||Regular: $122 + tax||Anytime: $129 + tax|
|Child (3-9)||Value: $109 + tax||Regular: $117 + tax||Anytime: $124 + tax|
Two-day, two-park tickets are $274.99 per adult and $264.99 per child (plus tax).
Volcano Bay tickets are at Anytime pricing at $80 per adult and $75 per child (plus tax).
Showtimes and Refurbishments
Universal’s Cinematic Celebration Showtimes
- January 12 – 17: 7:00 p.m.
- January 18: 8:00 p.m.
Universal’s Superstar Parade
- January 12 – 18: 5:00 p.m.
The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
- January 12 – 18: Nightly after dusk
Complete showtimes are available on Universal Orlando’s website.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure: January 7 – 25
- Hogwarts Express: January 17
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges: January 28 – February 15
Rock the Universe has a new date: February 1 & 2 at Universal Studios Florida. Florida’s largest Christian music festival features twelve live concert acts, Saturday candlelight ceremony, and Sunday religious services. Tickets are on sale now.
Feet don’t fail me now! Celebrate Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida February 9 – April 4. Enjoy authentic Cajun cuisine, music straight from Louisiana, and a daily family-friendly Mardi Gras parade. On select nights major musical acts rock the Music Plaza Stage after sundown. All entertainment is included with your admission to Universal Studios Florida.
See you next week, and make sure to leave a question below for the Mail Bag!