Walt Disney World Anniversary: 50 Favorite Souvenirs
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, which opened on October 1, 1971, we are counting down the top 50 of some of our favorite things about the most magical place on earth! This week, we take a look at some of the best souvenirs, from typical vacation trinkets to truly unique treasures.
There is plentiful shopping to be found throughout the theme parks and Disney Springs. Here are some great items you’ll want to be on the lookout for. You’re sure to find something special to remember your trip by.
Make sure to check out our Instagram for even more photos of our favorite souvenirs!
- Mickey/Minnie Ears – the perfect accessory for a day at the parks
- T-shirt – a huge variety of options for the whole family
- Spirit Jersey – cute and comfy: try it in this season’s specialty color
- Costumes – Jedi and pirates and princesses, oh my!
- Socks – sure to put a spring in your step
- Hat – great protection for those sunny Florida days
- Jewelry – from Pandora charms to Na’vi baubles and everything in between
- Watch – I recommend the classic Mickey
- Purse – special Disney styles from Vera Bradley, Coach, and more
- Backpack – Loungefly mini backpacks are adorable and come in a wide variety of styles
- Wallet – keep your cash and cards safe and stylish
- Christmas Ornament – trim up the tree with Disney stuff!
- Picture Frame – a special way to remember a special memory
- Art Print – beautiful works from some of your favorite movies to display proudly
- Silhouette – have one made of yourself or a favorite character at Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs
- Magnet – an inexpensive and daily reminder of your trip
- Kitchen Accessories – cooking is more fun with Mickey and the gang
- Mug – start every day the Disney way
- Water Bottle – an eco-friendly way to stay hydrated in the parks and at home
- Crystal Figurine – a beautiful depiction of your favorite character or park icon
- Wind Spinner – spruce up your garden with some metal Disney décor, available at eyCatchers in Disney Springs
- Beach Towel – hit the beach in style
- Blanket – cozy up for Disney movie night with a fuzzy fleece throw
- Soap – cute Disney styles and delicious scents available at Basin, in Disney Springs
- Journal – jot down memories of your trip, plans for your next one, favorite Disney quotes, and more!
- Phone Case – a little Disney with you wherever you go
- Pins – a huge selection to buy, wear, and trade
- Celebration Button – a free keepsake of a special day
- Park Map – use it to scrapbook, frame, or just reminisce
- Refillable Mug – great to use throughout your resort stay, and for collecting
- Refillable Popcorn Bucket – the popcorn is good, but the unique buckets are awesome!
- Autograph Book – collect the signatures of all your favorite characters
- Ride Photo – it’s worth springing for a really good one (or buy Memory Maker to access them all)
- Pressed Penny – small, inexpensive, and always fun
- Candy – it’s so hard to choose, with tons of delicious varieties available throughout all the parks and Disney Springs
- Board Game – Disney spins on classic games, like Disney Parks Candyland or Haunted Mansion Clue
- Stuffed Animal – tons of huggable characters available in various sizes
- LEGO Set – including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, princesses, and Disney Parks
- Day of the Dead Skull – beautifully handcrafted, found at Plaza de los Amigos (Mexico Pavilion)
- Chinese Parasol – get it personalized at House of Good Fortune (China Pavilion) at enjoy some shade
- Beer Stein – pick out your favorite from Stein Haus (Germany Pavilion)
- Nutcracker – an authentic Christmas collectible from Die Weihnachts Ecke (Germany Pavilion)
- Venetian Mask – beautiful works of art found at La Gemma Elegante (Italy Pavilion)
- Pick a Pearl – choose your own oyster to be opened at Mitsukoshi Department Store (Japan Pavilion)
- Japanese Fan – get it personalized and use it to beat the heat, from Mitsukoshi Department Store (Japan Pavilion)
- Macarons – a box of these delicious French cookie sandwiches are great for sharing (or keeping all to yourself), available at Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie (France Pavilion)
- Coat of Arms – purchase your own family’s crest on a plaque from The Crown & Crest (United Kingdom Pavilion)
- Banshee – pick out your new Pandorian pal at Windtraders in Animal Kingdom
- Lightsaber – either build your own at Savi’s Workshop, or purchase a well-known model from Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, both at Hollywood Studios
- Droid – use all sorts of spare parts to create your own at Droid Depot, in Hollywood Studios
With so many wonderful souvenir options, both traditional and unique, you will never have trouble finding something you want to bring home from Walt Disney World. And with new 50th anniversary merch sure to hit the shelves soon, the only real trouble will be not spending all your souvenir money all at once!
What are your favorite Disney souvenirs? Let us know in the comments!