Today, we’re doing something a little different.
This is TouringPlansTV: Disney Bakes Edition!
I’ll be showing you how to make these yummy Minnie Mouse Chocolate Cupcakes!
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe (found here)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm coffee, freshly brewed
1 Tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk dry ingredients in one bowl, and mix the wet ingredients in another.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until JUST combined.
- Line cupcake tin with liners and fill until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool for a few minutes before removing from tin and placing on cooling rack.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1-3 Tbsp of milk or cream
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp of room temperature butter (I’ve used both salted and unsalted. In my opinion, it just comes down to personal preference.)
- Beat butter on high until fluffy and lighter in color.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating 1-2 minutes in between.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of milk/cream at a time. The more you add, the thinner your frosting consistency will be.
Gel Food Color (pink)
Piping bag (or ziplock bag)
Swirl piping tip (I used the Wilton 1M)
White Sugar Pearls
- Use food coloring to tint frosting pink.
- Put in piping bag (with tip) and swirl onto cupcake.
- Add sugar pearls as polkadots.
- Place mini oreos as Minnie ears.
Like these baking videos? Let me know in the comments!