2019 is nearly upon us! In addition to your weekly news, find out how you can ring in the new year at Walt Disney World.
- There are several parties occurring at Disney’s Contemporary Resort this year:
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration is $190 (plus tax) and runs from 8:00 p.m. – 12:15 a.m. This family friendly gala includes character meets with Disney Pixar friends, face painting, a balloon artist, a buffet dinner, and viewing of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Disney Countdown to Midnight is $275 (plus tax) and runs from 8:00 p.m. – 12:15 a.m. A night fit for a princess (Cinderella perhaps?), dress up for a night of dinner, dancing, and a special appearance by Minnie and Mickey Mouse.
- Ink and Paint Club is an added enhancement to the Disney Countdown to Midnight ball and includes reserved seating, photo opportunities, a chef station with specialty food, and more. The cost for both parties is $450 per person and runs from 7:00 p.m. – 12:15 a.m.
- The BoardWalk’s Atlantic Dance Hall has a New Year’s party from 8:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. For $75 (plus tax), treat yourself to music, drinks, dancing, and appetizers before viewing the Epcot fireworks.
- The Edison, located at Disney Springs, is hosting a party that includes food, cocktails, and entertainment. The cost is $150 (plus tax), and doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Several restaurants thoughout the resort will be open late on New Year’s Eve. Visit the Disney website or use our reservation finder to book!
- Finally, check the park hours below to see which ones will have extended hours on New Year’s Eve.
For the most current weather conditions, click here.
For more information about crowd levels, click here.
Attractions Closed For Refurbishments
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Fantasyland
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Frontierland
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Main Street, U.S.A.
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade (Re-opens 1/1)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Wildlife Express Train: Africa Station
- Wildlife Express Train: Rafiki’s Planet Watch Station
Blizzard Beach (Whole Park!)
Have you ever visited Walt Disney World over New Year’s? Share your experience below!