The holiday season wraps up at Universal Orlando this week and we dive into the off season. Inside find which attractions are going down for maintenance, new show times, and more!
New Plant-Based Food Options
Universal added new plant-based, vegan-friendly food options at all of their the parks. Our own Derek Burgan previewed some of these items in November and gave them a thumbs up. I am a huge fan of the Impossible Burger–it really does taste like meat! All items are available now.
- Tomato Pesto Cresto de Gallo (Mythos) – vegan chicken, sundried tomato, roasted mushrooms, Kalamata olives, and fresh basil.
- Penne Genovese (Lombards Seafood Grille) – vegan sausage, roasted broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and basil oil.
- Spaghetti Bolognese (Louie’s and Fantastic 4 Cafe) – spaghetti with a vegan Italian sausage crumbles bolognese sauce.
- Chipotle Sausage with Orzo (Confisco Grille) – vegan Italian sausage crumbles, roasted red peppers, chipotle pesto, arugula.
- Chick’n and Avocado sandwich (Mel’s Drive-In, Burger Digs, and Bambu) – vegan chicken patty, vegan cheese, avocado.
- Impossible Burger (Richter’s, Captain America Diner, Kohola) – Impossible Burger patty, vegan cheese, and toppings available at a toppings bar.
Weekly Crowd Levels
Detailed crowd level information can be found here.
Winter weather patterns routinely come as far south as Orlando, so pack for the weather. Volcano Bay could have a delayed opening or closure due to cold weather; check the Universal Orlando and TouringPlans Twitter accounts for the latest operating information.
Operating Hours & Early Park Admission
CityWalk is open until 2:00 a.m. daily, with free self parking starting after 6:00 p.m.
|Two Park||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55||+ $55|
|Adult||Value: $114 plus tax||Regular: $122 plus tax||Anytime: $129 plus tax|
|Child (3-9)||Value: $109 plus tax||Regular: $117 plus tax||Anytime: $124 plus tax|
Two-day, two-park tickets are $274.99 per adult and $264.99 per child (plus tax).
Volcano Bay tickets are at Anytime pricing at $80 per adult and $75 per child (plus tax).
Showtimes and Refurbishments
Universal’s Cinematic Celebration Showtimes
- January 5 – 9: Show at 7:00 p.m.
- January 10: No Show
- January 11: Show at 7:00 p.m.
The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle
- January 6, nightly after dusk
The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
- January 7 – 11, nightly after dusk
Complete showtimes are available on Universal Orlando’s website.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure: January 7 – 25
- Hogwarts Express: January 17
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges: January 28 – February 15
Deck the halls at Universal Orlando Resort November 17, 2018 – January 6, 2019 with their annual Holiday festivities. Join The Grinch in Seuss Landing and see a live performance of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, celebrate in Universal Studios Florida with Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, or visit the Wizarding World decked out in Christmas decorations. For more information check out our Universal Orlando Holidays 2018 article.
Feet don’t fail me now! Celebrate Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida February 9 – April 4. Enjoy authentic Cajun cuisine, music straight from Louisiana, and a daily family-friendly Mardi Gras parade. On select nights major musical acts rock the Music Plaza Stage after sundown. All entertainment is included with your admission to Universal Studios Florida.
See you next week, and make sure to leave a question below for the Mail Bag!