We have so much Walt Disney World news to share this week. Let’s jump right in!
- The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, presented by Cigna, is “running” through January 13. While the event does bring an influx of crowds, it shouldn’t change the wait times significantly on any attractions.
- Several events are beginning January 18. Let me break it down for you:
- Walt Disney World Resort will be offering 4-Park Magic Tickets. This allows guests to spend one day at each theme park over the course of four days (so, no Park Hopper option). Check out the Disney website for info on the different tiers and prices.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration is coming to Magic Kingdom park! In addition to specialty food, entertainment, and merchandise, a new “Celebration Station” will be set up at Town Square Theater. Here, you can sign a guestbook and meet the two guests of honor, who will be dressed just for the celebration.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is debuting their new 30th anniversary logo. Be sure to look out for new interactions with Mike and Sully from “Monsters, Inc,” and The Incredibles.
- Epcot is introducing a new IllumiNations Dining Package. View the fireworks from the patio of Rose & Crown, located in the U.K. Pavilion. Get the details here!
- Finally, The Epcot International Festival of the Arts runs from January 18 – February 25. Check out all the visual content and enjoy even more acts this year during the Disney on Broadway Concert Series. Let us know in the comments if you want an in-park overview of this event!
For the most current weather conditions, click here.
For more information about crowd levels, click here.
Attractions Closed For Refurbishments
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Fantasyland
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Frontierland
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Main Street, U.S.A.
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Peter Pan’s Flight (Closes 1/7)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Wildlife Express Train: Africa Station
- Wildlife Express Train: Rafiki’s Planet Watch Station
- Kali River Rapids (Closes 1/7)
Typhoon Lagoon (Closes 1/6)
What events will you be attending this month? Drop a line below!