For those of you with an NBA fan in your family, you are going to want to mark down August 12. That’s the debut date of the brand new NBA Experience at Disney Springs. This all-new destination has been a collaboration in the making with the NBA and it is slated to make Guests feel like what it’s like being a basketball superstar. Inside the NBA Experience, Guests will be invited to “Take Your Shot” courtesy of one of 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors.
When entering the NBA Experience, Guests will feel as if they’re walking through the players’ tunnel at an arena. Those who have purchased tickets to the NBA Experience will be able to participate in every activity, with the ability to return to stations to improve performances or learn even more about the game, players and teams they love.
Activities for the experience will include:
- A slam dunk challenge, where Guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop to as low as seven feet to perform their own superstar moves – captured by burst photography.
- An activity that tests shooting skills with spots on a court that light up as guests move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible in 15 seconds.
- A way for guests to see how they stack up to some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring their vertical leap, wingspan, shooting and dribbling.
- Personalization for various activities with guests’ names and associating the activity with their favorite teams.
- Real-time technology to aggregate statistics of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, while leaderboards will track top NBA Experience performers throughout each day.
- A retail store featuring NBA-themed merchandise.
Take a better look at what Guests can experience with this video:
Stay tuned for more details about the NBA Experience here on the blog.