With the Christmas season here, it’s time to think about spring! I mean I know many are already tired of seeing snow and winter isn’t even officially here yet. So, let’s start thinking about visiting Walt Disney World for the 27th annual Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
The festival is well known for featuring a kaleidoscope of colorful blooms, topiaries and gardens. This year, there will be a brand-new Remy topiary as the centerpiece of a Ratatouille Garden at the France pavilion. Remy will be surrounded by a colorful garden of veggies that comprise ingredients of a ratatouille recipe.
Throughout the park will be bright blossoms, floating gardens, flower towers and whimsical topiaries. This year’s topiaries will include Anna and Elsa, Buzz Lightyear, Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog, Tinker Bell, Snow White and Bambi.
For the kiddos, you won’t want to miss the Goodness Garden Butterfly House where hundreds of butterflies will take flight. There will also be the Play Full Garden which will offer a unique playground experience.
Of course, the Outdoor Kitchens will be returning and this year, there will be 17 kitchens to choose from. Returning favorites include The Honey Bee-stro, The Citrus Blossom, and Florida Fresh.
Once again, returning will be the Garden Rocks Concert Series. Showtimes 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. New to perform on the America Gardens Theatre stage this year are Daughtry, Don McLean and more. Take a look at this year’s schedule. (Keep in mind, this isn’t a full list):
- March 4-5 – Peabo Bryson NEW
- March 13-16 – Simple Plan
- March 17-19 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- March 20-23 – Mark Wills NEW to Garden Rocks
- March 24-26 – The Spinners
- March 27-28 – Sister Hazel
- March 29-30 – The Pointer Sisters
- March 31-April 2 – Former Journey Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
- April 3-4 – Blood, Sweat & Tears
- April 5-6 – Exposé
- April 7-9 – Berlin
- April 19-20 – Rick Springfield
- April 24-27 – Plain White T’s
- April 28-30 – Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles
- May 1-2 – Don McLean NEW
- May 5-7 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett NEW
- May 8-9 – Thelma Houston NEW
- May 10-11 – The Allman Betts Band NEW to Garden Rocks
- May 12-14 – Air Supply
- May 15-18 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- May 19-21 – Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot NEW to Garden Rocks
- May 24-25 – Daughtry NEW
- May 26-28 – Marshall Tucker Band
- May 31-June 1 – Survivor
If you have a concert that you definitely want to make sure you don’t miss seeing, consider purchasing a Garden Rocks Concert Series Dining Package. Each package includes breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants and guaranteed concert seating. Reservations will open to Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members Dec. 18 and to the general public Dec. 19.
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will last for 90 days, from March 4 through June 1 and the festival, including Garden Rocks concerts and all gardens and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission. Stay tuned to the blog for more information about this year’s event.