Adventures by Disney (AbD), Disney’s luxury travel tour brand, is out with three new itineraries: Colombia, Maritime Canada, and an enhanced New Zealand trip.
On a personal note, I’m a veteran of ten Adventures by Disney trips. I am obviously a fan of Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line, but AbD is far and away my favorite version of Disney travel. These are the best vacations EVER.
Colombia: Bogota, the Coffee Region, Cocora Valley and Cartagena
- Visiting the capital city of Bogota, where guests will embark on privately guided tours of the Paloquemao Market and Historic City Center.
- Enjoying Colombian coffee and visiting a coffee farm in the Coffee Region to see the process for growing and harvesting coffee beans. The nearby town of Salento is part of the inspiration for the setting of “Encanto,” and the Cocora Valley features the tall, towering wax palms and butterflies as depicted in the film.
- Experiencing a hands-on arepa-making class, a traditional Latin American dish showcased in “Encanto” by Mirabel’s mother Julieta.
- Playing the country’s national sport of tejo, as seen in the film.
- Exploring the city of Cartagena, which inspired the film’s colorful architecture and fabrics. Central to “Encanto” is the Afro-Caribbean influence, prominent in this city.
- Trekking the dry forest near Proyecto Titi, an organization dedicated to the preservation of the cotton-top tamarins, a project supported by the Disney Conservation Fund. It was Colombia’s rich biodiversity that inspired the magical ability of the “Encanto” character Antonio, who has the power to communicate with animals.
- Snorkeling among the Rosario Islands, a collection of 27 islands home to more than 1,300 species of marine animals, vibrantly colored fish and plants.
Each travel party booked on the inaugural 2024 Adventures by Disney Colombia season will receive a signed lithograph of never-before-released artwork from Walt Disney Animation Studios. This piece of visual development artwork by “Encanto” Associate Production Designer Lorelay Bové set the early concept for the new door to Casa Madrigal that would be revealed at the end of the film – a symbol of the new miracle that Mirabel and her family create together through honesty and love. Bové’s work includes such Walt Disney Animation Studios films as “The Princess and the Frog,” “Tangled,” “Zootopia,” “Big Hero 6” and more.
Canada’s Maritimes of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
- Visiting an authentic maple syrup farm in Nova Scotia, learning about tree tapping and the process that brings syrup from tree to table, and sampling the locally tapped product along the way.
- Discovering the Wood Island Lighthouse and being at the heart of the Island’s maritime heritage. The Lighthouse has served the community for more than 150 years, and here Junior Adventurers will enjoy their own special kite-making and flying activity as the breeze comes off the sea.
- Exploring Avonlea Village, the fictitious community central to the Anne of Green Gables stories, and enjoying tea with a descendent of author Lucy Maud Montgomery’s family.
- Learning about the indigenous Mi’kmaq Peoples during a visit to the Millbrook Cultural Heritage Centre and gaining first-hand understanding of their Talking Stick sacred practice.
- Enjoying outdoor family activities such as walking on the low-tide ocean floor at the Bay of Fundy, an onboard fisherman’s feast, horseback riding, gazing at the stars during a bonfire, biking, canoeing and kayaking.
An Enhanced New Zealand Adventure
- Participating in the exciting America’s Cup Experience in Auckland, the “City of Sails.”
- Sharing an authentic Hangi dinner with a local family to experience the indigenous Maori culture.
- Marveling at thousands of glow worms illuminating an underground cave among limestone formations.
- Touring the National Kiwi Hatchery, a facility renowned for its kiwi bird conservation program.
- Gazing at the dramatic geysers which dot the landscape at the Te Puia Geothermal Park, also home to the largest active geyser in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Traveling via the TranzAlpine Train upwards into the Southern Alps.
Adventure Insiders, guests who have traveled with on three or more AbD trips can book May 9. Booking for all Adventure Insiders opens May 10.
Additionally, book by August 5, 2023 and save up to $500 per person on select 2024 Adventures by Disney land adventures.
If you’d like a free quote one of these Adventures, or any Disney vacation, contact one of our expert travel planners for assistance.