Well it’s that time again. Time for the Walt Disney World Resort to add some new restaurants, update some menus, and yes, we’ve even been introduced the replacement of my beloved The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
First, let’s start with the fact that buffets are coming back to the Walt Disney World Resort. The first has actually already debuted. Boma is now serving Guests once again at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Boma – Flavors of Africa once again offers all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast and dinner. Breakfast favorites like creamy pap, turkey bobotie, pancakes, waffles, deviled eggs with salmon, and delicious freshly baked items are available. Take a look at our first look here. At dinner, there will be pork ribs, salmon, African-spiced strip loin, Durban rotisserie chicken, and lamb bobotie. Also, good news! The selection of soups, stews, and chowders are back, as well as salads like berbere chickpea salad and North African cauliflower salad. Oh and never fear…Zebra Domes are back too!
Then, beginning August 29, Biergarten in the German pavilion at EPCOT will offer its buffet for lunch and dinner. Guests will be able to enjoy favorite German dishes like pretzel rolls, bratwurst, spätzle, schnitzel, apple strudel and black forest rolls.
The last buffet that will be returning is The Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. It will start serving their buffet menu for lunch and dinner starting September 12. Menu items will include Parker House rolls, create-your-own fresh garden salad, seared pork tenderloin, fire-roasted prime rib, braised beef short ribs, and more.
Looking for a returning favorite? Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China pavilion at EPCOT is now open again for dinner on Tuesday-Saturday. Guests can enjoy Sichuan Chicken Dumplings, Crispy Duck Bao Buns, Hot & Sour Soup. Kung Pao Duo, Salt and Pepper Shrimp, Spicy Honey Crispy Chicken, and Kowloon Spare Ribs.
Another dining change will take place at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Breakfast will return to the table service Magic Kingdom restaurant starting August 27! Reservations for breakfast will be available beginning August 24.
Over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery will reopen on August 29 with new menu items that will include:
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies – Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aïoli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich – Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog – Spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aïoli served with house-made chips
Also returning with a new menu will be Dockside Diner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This quick spot will open on August 22 and will now offer:
- Shrimp Salad Roll – Shrimp, arugula, tomatoes, pickled shaved fennel, and sliced radish tossed with rémoulade sauce on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Chipotle Chicken Salad Roll – Roasted pulled chicken salad with red onions, celery, tomatoes, and watercress tossed with chipotle aïoli and topped with fried onions on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Smoked Fish Dip served with seasoned house-made chips, celery, carrots, jalapeños, and pickles
- Seaside Brownie – Chocolate brownie topped with white chocolate ganache and seaside garnish
- Blue Sea Margarita – Tequila, blue Curaçao, and sweet-and-sour
Wait…you thought that was all! Disney also shared the concept behind what is replacing The Wave! Steakhouse 71 will open later this fall and it will be a casual dining concept that gets its name from the resort’s opening year, plus, a new dining experience is coming to California Grill.
Stay tuned to the blog as we find out more information about Disney dining at the Walt Disney World Resort.