Menu Monday: The Happiest Hour Around Walt Disney World
If you dial back your flux capacitor to 2004 in Orlando, Florida, you’d see me enjoying a frosty cold one and munching on atomic hot wings after a long day of handing out towels at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club’s Stormalong Bay. As a Disney College Program intern, my favorite happy hour spot around Walt Disney World was the Miller’s Orlando Ale House in Lake Buena Vista. For a kid from Seattle, the $8 pitcher and 50¢ wings seemed like a great deal compared to prices back home.
I still recommend Miller’s Ale House as an amazing spot for wings outside Downtown Disney, but I figure everyone should have a few Orlando happy hour options after a long day in the parks. After a few questions on comment boards, a post on Reddit, and a bit of my own experience, here’s a list of some of the best places to celebrate the happiest hour around the “World.”
Downtown Disney Happy Hour Specials
We all probably have a little Irish in us. If you don’t, it only takes a pint of Guinness to change that! As one of the most celebrated places to drink in Downtown Disney, Raglan Road should be your destination for Irish singing and dancing.
- Happy Hour: Visit the Hole in Wall outdoor pub 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm – $2 off beer, well drinks, and glasses of wine.
- Food Specials: The bar menu features exclusive pub grub from 11:00 pm till late (which I think means until they want to close for the night).
House of Blues Orlando
Even though it’s one of those touristy chain restaurants, the locals actually see concerts here. Stop by in the afternoon for drinks, or schedule a visit during the legendary Sunday Gospel Brunch.
- Happy Hour: Everyday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm & 10:00 pm till close – $3 domestic beer bottles, $3.75 import beer bottles, and house wine and cocktails.
Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
One time I actually ran into Wolfgang sitting by himself at the sushi bar. If you every get a chance to meet him, Wolfy is a super nice guy. Maybe he was taking advantage of the sushi and sake specials.
- Happy Hour: Monday – Thursday 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm – half off sushi and sake (lounge only).
Honorable Mention: Paradiso 37
While not a happy hour destination, so many people recommended it that I had to put it on the list. It’s home of the 45 oz. drink for $20 with a commemorative glass. Refills are $10 if you bring back the cup. You’ll have to battle Downtown Disney construction and potentially noisy crowds, but many agree this is an exciting place to visit.
- Hot Tip: Locals suggest joining the free VIP Mega Club for complimentary chips and salsa and discounted refills. Also, this is one of the best places to order a drink with a lid for walking around Downtown Disney.
Happy Hour Outside Disney World
This upscale Hawaiian-fusion happy hour destination is a fan favorite on Yelp. Rated highly for $6 cocktails, well drinks, wines, and sake, as well as $3 beers and $6 bar bites, even if you can’t make it to Roy’s aloha hour, it’s still worth the visit.
- Happy Hour: Everyday 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – $5 appetizers and drink specials.
- Closest Park: Magic Kingdom – 11 miles north along White Sand Lake Road.
Sea Dogs Brewing Company
Awesome brewery and tasting room. If you’re in for a tastebud adventure, try the award-winning Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Ale or the Sea Dog Hazelnut porter.
- Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm, late night every night 10:00 pm – 2:00 am – two for one specials on beer, wine, and well drinks, half-off appetizers and $.50 oysters and peel n’ eat shrimp.
- Closest Park: Downtown Disney – 3 miles north along I-4.
This dance club/karaoke bar/pool hall will take you back to the 70s, 80s, and 90s with music videos and live bands. The Retro Room has specials everyday, but their daily happy hour can’t be beat.
- Happy Hour: Monday – Saturday 11 am – 8:00 pm, Sunday all-day – $1.75 domestic beers, $11 pitchers of beer, $4 well drinks.
- Closest Park: Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 7 miles west along U.S. 192.
Spice it up at Chuy’s Tex Mex. I come for the creamy jalapeno and I stay for the fully loaded nacho car.
- Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – $3 domestic beers, $4 house margaretta, $7.75 Texas Martini.
- Closest Park: Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 3 miles west along U.S. 192.
Everyone has a favorite Orlando happy hour destination. Tell us yours in the comments below!